Thursday, September 2, 2010

Gateway Discovery Museum

I had never taken the kids to the Gateway Museum and now I can't wait to take them again. It was fabulous fun for all of the kids and I thoroughly enjoyed watching them investigate, play and explore everything this place had to offer. I remember my favorite things from the old children's museum I went to growing up and wasn't surprised that my kids had similar interests. Number one being the store-I loved playing in the store as a child and had it not been for the insane crowds, my kids would have played there all day. I also loved the helicopter which was by far Roman's favorite part of this museum. Something they didn't offer to me that they did include here were dress-ups. Capri got a hold of this and never took it off (until I had to literally tear it off!):She was a "cowboy girl," as she put it. Definitely not typical for my girlie-girl, but cute as ever.
This was another part that the kids loved, the construction site. Here Roman and Sammy are intense about working the "cranes."
Here they are in the helicopter...and Capri still sporting the cowboy getup:Nothing like frozen yogurt to top off a great day at Gateway!
And yes, that bowl is ridiculously big.

1 comment:

Mom of three ♥ said...

I love the Children's Museum! And I too have always loved the store, always been a favorite of mine!