Thursday, September 30, 2010

Tucker is a triathlete!

I have an amazing husband. A husband that is now an official triathlete! Tucker competed in the TriUtah Jordanelle Triathlon in August and I couldn't be more proud. It all started when some friends from the ward, the Guymons (aka Captain Awesome and Ellie), decided to try for their first tri (hehe). They thought it would make it that much better if they brought some others along for the ride of endless training in running, biking, and the worst, swimming. Tucker was sold on the idea and got to work. We were already running, but he hadn't been on a bike in years, and he had never taken a swimming lesson-EVER! He knew the swim would be a nightmare and he did not like practicing so it wasn't too much of a surprise when I got this text the morning of the race, "I am looking at the course for the swim. I have never swam this far before. This is going to be bad. Pray for me." I felt bad, but I knew he would do great and here is proof:He survived the swim and was ready for the bike! Hooray! From then on, he felt great and I was assured because he was smiling all the way to the finish line:
Here are the awesome triathletes:
Reese Harper, Tucker, Mike Sanderson, Ben Dickman, Cody Ford, Steve and Ashley Guymon (the power couple that finished before everyone else...yes, they are that good!)
Ashley did have another girl to accompany her in the insanity of such a race, Jenn Phillips:

And here I am, the athletic supporter:We had such a great time with this group. We stayed at the Guymon's place (thank you Guymons) up in Midway the night before and had so much fun eating a fabulous pasta dinner (thank you Youngs) and talking for hours (thank you everyone). The day of the race was so exciting as all of us fans watched as the athletes passed us on each transition-something about the atmosphere filled with adrenaline makes it incredible! We completed the weekend with a well-deserved (at least for the racers) meal of delicious mexican food at Tarahumaras, yum.
Ben and Kate Dickman, me and Tucker, Mike and Brooke Sanderson, Steve and Ashley Guymon
Seth and Jenn Phillips, Barbie and Reese Harper, Christopher Lloyd, Tyler and Andrea Young

I have to say, I am starting to think about training for a triathlon. Then again, I thought I would be up for one in years past, but it has yet to happen so we'll see. :) Tucker, on the other hand, says he wants to do another one for sure! Thanks again everyone-we had a BLAST!

1 comment:

The Viehweg's said...

Just and FYI, Summer Sanders (olympic butterfly swimmer, gold medalist) competed in this tri. So technically Tucker with an olympian.