Sunday, April 19, 2009
Saturday, April 18, 2009
We held a fabulous party for him as well as Jon since he was going on his mission. It was such a fun night full of food, family and friends-a great recipe for the perfect party!
Jon with his two favorite sisters...really he just wanted to feel tall so he decided to use us:All of Jon's buddies-several of them have their calls as well, but Jon is the first to go!The Setting Apart:
The Stake President gave a beautiful blessing as he was setting Jon apart here in my parent's house.The MTC, Missionary Training Center:
What is it about that video that makes me bawl like a baby? You know the one-with "Called To Serve" is playing throughout the production. Maybe it isn't so much the video, but the fact that immediately after, they ask the missionaries to exit on one side and the families the other. I broke down and had to be the first to leave Jon before I started a scene. Jon was a champ through the entire process and proved to us that he was definitely ready. We are so excited for him and love him to pieces!See you in 2 years little brother!
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Friday, April 10, 2009
They decided to induce labor early to prevent any problems with future pregnancies and we all felt this was the right thing to do. Last week on April 4th, Cheri delivered Kingston David Ford. Though he didn't make it through the delivery at just 21 weeks, the proud parents were able to hold their little boy and enjoy a few moments as a family. I am grateful I was able to be there and see how beautiful Kingston was with perfect hands and feet as tiny as they were. More importantly, it was incredible to have a deeper knowledge of what our gospel means in being part of an eternal family. Cheri and Cody will still be Kingston's mother and father and they will be forever. They are such a strong family and I am grateful they have each other.
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
2. I take the stairs one step at a time rather than running up taking two or three steps as usual.
3. Every light in the house is off as is the heat. This completes my transition into my father.
4. I looked in the kitchen from the family room and noticed that all the cupboards and cabinet doors were open – I was unaware that I don’t close cupboard doors.
5. I am a really messy person, I like to have things clean, but I don’t put anything away if I don’t have to. I suspect that my wife is endowed with superhuman powers of speed or perhaps the ability to stop time, otherwise it would be impossible to keep a spotless house as she does.
6. It is much easier to exercise when my wife is around. I theorize that I feed off her boundless energy much like a tapeworm or hagfish feed off their hosts.
7. I sometimes speak my thoughts out loud, immediately after I scan the room to make sure that nobody heard me, then I chuckle at the absurdity of it all.
So there you have it. Alysha is one part Martha Stewart, one part Mother Teresa, one part super model with the ability to stop time. She is married to a messy, zombie-like parasite who doesn’t close cabinet doors and is too cheap to turn on the lights.