Thursday, September 16, 2010

Good Ol' Millcreek

Growing up so close to Millcreek Canyon, I have many great memories of campfires, hikes, bike rides, and especially birthdays. I don't know how many times I have celebrated my birthday up there, but this year added one more and it was great. We didn't make a reservation so we were stuck in this random site that you had to hike to, but the seclusion it offered made it a lot of fun. The Nielson and Curtis families came to help me celebrate the big 28 and I swear we had that many of us there. Ok, maybe not, but there were quite a few of us and our site was ridiculously small. :)
It was still pretty warm once we settled in, so I decided it would be fun to take the kids on a little walk before starting with the campfire.
Our mission, find some kind of creature for the kids to get excited about. Mission completed with the finding of not one, but two squirrels...or were they chipmunks? Either way, the kids were loving it.
Once we got back, we inhaled our dinners of roasted hot dogs and s'mores. Nothing says summer more than s'mores up the canyon!
The boys were OBSESSED with the fire and ended up looking like this:
What a great way to spend a summer day and an even better way to celebrate my birthday!

No comments: