Sunday, September 19, 2010

Salt Lake County Fair

Last month, my mom and I took my nephews and my kids to the fair. They had a blast. Seriously, there is no need for Lagoon when your kids are in awe of the 50 ft. track roller-coaster. No need at all.
After watching the pig races and admiring the prize-winning chickens and bunnies (that were oh so soft), we headed to over to the big animals. Capri was not a fan. All of the cows were mooing and when you are a couple of feet away, it can get pretty loud. My mom and I were laughing thinking that Capri could never be a farm girl, but either could I so I really shouldn't complain about her prissy behavior. To give her a bit more credit, she was awesome during the spider and reptile show.
We then hit the rides and these were the faves:
Spencer and Eli did the bungee trampoline and had a great time, but both got a bit of a scare when the operator would launch them super high...

This is the look of terror, but don't worry, he really enjoyed it!
Kaleb and Spencer wanted to try out the ferris wheel. Check out Kaleb holding onto my mom for dear life-love it.
Capri and Eli were waiting there turn while holding hands. Eli is so cute to Capri and we think he may have a cousin crush. Just the other day he was holding her braid and telling her how pretty her hair was. So. Adorable.
The insane roller-coaster ride...again, about 50 feet of track in a circle. They thought it was the greatest thing ever as you can tell by their faces:

Karoline was a champ and fell asleep in her stroller so that we could enjoy ourselves that much more. And yes, I do eat those thighs all the time.
Boys will be boys...
Such a great time for less than $20!

No comments: