Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I have the bestest friends ever...

Danielle Newman, Erika Benton, Nicole Sonnenberg and Me:
I know all of you think you have great girlfriends, but trust me when I say I have the bestest group of girlfriends ever. I was lucky enough to have some of them here in San Diego last weekend and we had an absolute blast! Traveling has become one of our favorite things to do together and have been on countless trips to cabins (Bear Lake, Alta, Midway, Starvation Reservoir), San Diego, Las Vegas, Lake Powell, St. George, Newport Beach, and New York-twice. Yeah, we're spoiled and I felt even more spoiled this trip considering I was child-free. Tucker took on the kids all weekend and I got a much needed break with my girls. Thank you so much sweetheart!
Now back to the trip. We started things off with a favorite past-time of ours, going out to dinner. We went to a fabulous little place called Extraordinary Desserts and they have the most...extraordinary desserts!
The next day started with another favorite, taking pictures. We must think we are hot stuff to want to take as many pictures as we do:

Yes, we do the kissy pose everytime we get together-it's a must!
I had to get some shots of the cutest pregnant girl ever-can you believe she is due next month?!
We then headed over to Swami's Cafe for a delicious breakfast/lunch-you're that full after eating at this place. So while we digested our meal, we simply sat poolside and got to chat it up. Can I tell you how relaxing it is to go to the pool without kids? I had forgotten how nice it was!

That night we did some serious window shopping at USA Baby-yeah Erika!-and Fashion Valley Mall. We then hit up Sammy's Pizza for dindin and all decided on salads-it must have been the ridiculous amounts of food we had eaten up to that point.

Sunday started with some serious lounge time including Moonlight Beach. Again, so nice without the kids. Now don't get me wrong, I love taking my kids to play in the sand and water, but I really needed this kind of beach day. The kind where you actually sit and talk with other adults while listening to the waves crash on the beach. Aaaahhhh.
That night was a total highlight for me. We got all dolled up and headed to So You Think You Can Dance Tour Show! I am going to be totally honest when I say I got a little teary-eyed as I heard the opening song start. It was absolutely incredible!!! There is nothing like seeing these dancers live, I can't even describe it to you. They all looked amazing, ok wait...I still don't like Jessica. Sorry. But everyone else was awesome! We had great seats on the floor and even got to meet the famous, or infamous, Mary Murphy. And yes, she is just as obnoxious in person as she is on tv. Just kidding, she was actually really nice...and leathery.
All in all, we had a fantastic trip and what was best was just being together and catching up. Our lives are getting so busy with big moves, jobs, kids, etc. that we start to really miss each other and need some of that good old fashioned girl time. Thank you girls so much for such a great trip and I can't wait to do it again!

14 comments:

Lisa said...

How fun! You girls have always been so cute together. I'm just glad I'm one of your outside friends. : ) I'm jealous you were able to see SYTYCD. I bet it was incredible.

Joy said...

That looks like So. Much. Fun. I am incredibly jealous of your awesome girl's weekend!!

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Wow, you girls all look so cute in all of those pictures. what a wonderful weekend! And I LOVE Mary Murphy, so funny you guys got to see her. Was she just wondering around the floor or what?

Nicole M said...

AAAHHH, I love these these pictures on the blog! I'm SO wanting to update mine, but I need those beach pictures! We'll figure out a way to get them :) Anyway, thank you SOOOOOOOO much for "hosting" and for taking time away from the twins to be with us...all weekend. I can't tell you how much I miss you guys already! I keep telling everyone about how fabulous girls trip. What a great time we had. LOVE YOU!

Tyler and Erika Hanks said...

That trip was seriously, the BEST! SO fun! Thanks for accommodating all of us so perfectly! Thanks also to Tucker and Weston who watched the kiddos so we could make this trip possible, what a fun memory!

Danielle said...

I couldn't agree more! This was so much fun! I love you girls and am sad that not everyone could make it. Ditto to Tucker and West for taking the kiddos. Also, thanks to Ty for letting has wife and baby for the weekend.

dave&abby johnson family said...

Wow! Looks like you gals had such a great time! You deserve it, iam glad you enjoyed your self

The Paulks said...

So, can you tell me how I can get adopted into your group? I have blond hair too! (Sorry Alysha, you're the odd ball out! :) ) I'm glad you guys had a good time... A girls trip sounds so fun!

Mom of three ♥ said...

Hey Cousin, Thanks for leaving a cute message on my blog. I am glad that I have your link now. Your kids are getting so big and they are so dang cute!I am excited to keep up with you and your blog now.

Lindsey S. said...

You girls are so adorable. I can't believe your friend is due next month. She doesn't even look 6 months pregnant. I am jealous. By the way your mother-in-law did way too much for me. We had a baby shower and she couldn't make it but she sent a gift or should I say gifts with Sylvia. She spoiled me big time!

Sabrena Suite-Mangum said...

Love the pictures (Erika and I spent some time in the single's ward together up in SLC. She is a beautiful pregnant. How is she only that big?!?!? I swear my belly is totally bigger than hers and I still have 3 1/2 months to go!!! She looks radiant!)

Anyway, thanks for the feedback on my "politique." There's strength in numbers, eh?

And on a more solemn note -- you had mentioned your brother Dave on your post; and yes, I definitely knew him. We went to school together since like 7th grade I think, but didn't hang out much until the year before his passing. I have some incredible memories of your brother (as does anyone who spent time with him.)

He would say the most hilarious things! (Like one time we were hanging out, and he kept telling me that I wasn't a big deal. "You may have been in junior high, Sabrena, but now you're completely normal." I was laughing so hard!!!)

I don't know if this is the most appropriate place to share how much I adored and appreciate him. But thank you for taking a moment to find me and make the connection. What an honor to hear from you.

-sabrena

Ginger said...

Salve, Anziano! I saw your live feed and didn't want you to freak out that some stranger was stalking your family. Adrianne (Rich) Campbell found your blog some way and shared it with me. Glad she did - your family is so cute! She sent me an email about a Flosi mission reunion in Rome when the temple (!) is dedicated. Can't wait.
Anyway, too much to fit in a blog comment. Adrianne's in San Diego and I'm in Temecula, so I think we ought to have a Caserta reunion sometime. What was your companion's name again?
All the best,
Ginger
P.S. My sister's husband is a hobby pilot (used to be an instructor) and he hasn't had a single crash yet! Plus, she never has to endure long road trips with two little kids because they fly everywhere. Hope that helps.

adrianne said...

Oh this is too funny! I was just trying to find a way to tell Tucker about the Flosi reunion too without being to weird about it... Ginger beat me to it.

We do need to have a Caserta reunion since we are all so close -
Let's set it up... I don't have a blog - but here is my email.

adriannercampbell@gmail.com

Heather said...

You girls are so cute! I remember being in Young Womens and always thinking you girls were the prettiest and coolest! Looks like you still are! haha. Just a side note.... what type of camera do you have? I am looking at getting a new one for more portrait style pictures and landscapes... yours are beautiful! Fill me in!!