Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Smile....please?

I have been dying to have the twins photographed by a real photographer, not just at Kiddie kandids or Target. Don't get me wrong, I have used these studios in the past and have been really happy with the results. I just wanted a different feel this time around, more natural and outside. So, I started researching photographers in the area and found that they were all expensive. When I asked Tucker he he would be ok to set aside the $600 for me, my dad just had to pipe in and recommend I take the pictures. Nice. Tucker then persuaded me to give it a try because if it worked we just saved a bunch, and if not, well no big deal. Ok, I could give it a shot. This is what we came up with on our second attempt (the first being more of a learning experience) and although we couldn't get both Roman and Capri smiling at the same time (regardless of the antics we pulled off behind the camera), I think we have a few winners:








Obviously not a professional here, but with a few tips in photoshop, I think we can pull it off! Let me know if you have any to share. Please. :)

12 comments:

Ben and Natalie said...

I think you did a great job! Capri & Roman are always adorable and I think that you did a great job. Good idea Dad. :) As for The Hills.... I am TOTALLY addicted! I have to watch it on Monday nights and then again later on to make sure that I didn't miss anything. Isn't that bad? Oh well it is my guilty pleasure. :)

Nicole M said...

Alysha those are seriously GREAT pictures!! Way to go! I love the ones in the field on the chair, and I especially love the ones on the rock with that gorgeous background! What darling twins. Great photography skills :)

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Alysha, you did a fantastic job. I love the background and the twins look so cute. Great job! Plus - if you are going to spend $600 on professional pictures, you might as well just buy a nice camera or a nice version of photoshop instead - then you can for sure make any pictures you take look pro!

Jen said...

You're trying to tackle mission impossible. But you did a fabulous job! They are darling. And as hard as you try to get them to smile and it gets to frustrating, you still get great shots like you did!

dave&abby johnson family said...

Those pictures are too cute! You did a great job, I love their outfits!

Lisa said...

I agree with everyone else. You did a great job with what you had to work with. Two kids! I'm dreading taking Tucker and Aubrey in this next month to get their 3yr and 18mo pictures. I think I'll take them in separately and then maybe attempt what you did to get together shots. You picked a great backdrop for your shots!

Danielle said...

So cute Alysha! You did a great job.

Lindsay said...

I think they turned out so good. I am impressed that you could keep two kids happy and clean for pictures.

April said...

You did a fantastic job! I can only imagine how difficult that must have been. But with kiddos that cute- how can you really mess up! Looks like you've had a blast recently at Disneyland and Newport. I can't look at your blog too often because I get so jealous! I LOVE Cali!

Karen, Mackay, Easton & Kallie said...

hey you! =) your pictures are really good!! one think i love to do with my kid's pics is switch them to black and white or sepia...sometimes it brings out lighting and shading you don't see in true color pics...try it out if you like! also, i have also had tons of fun cropping my kids pics...like way up close just of their heads and stuff! AWESOME JOB!

Lindsey S. said...

They are great! I've already been trying to decide whether to get professionals or try myself. It definatley doesn't hurt to try yourself first. Way to go! I like them a lot!

Joy said...

Oh, so so sweet!