Sunday, September 14, 2008

Healthy Healthy Healthy

I would like to begin my post with an excerpt from a new favorite movie, Baby Mama:

"I thought it would be a good idea if you started to eat organic."

"Ugh, that crap is for rich people that hate themselves."

Hilarious, right? If you haven't seen this movie and have had a baby-this is a must see. It brings me to the point of my post, eating healthy. As mentioned in an earlier post, my pediatrician is really stressing healthy eating and lots of veggies that my kids do not like. So, I went ahead and bought a cookbook by Jessica Seinfeld, Deceptively Delicious, which includes healthy recipes with vegetables hidden inside. In order to make any of these dishes, however, I needed to puree, puree, puree. So, take a look at my new best friend, the Cuisinart Food Processor:



Wish me luck my friends, wish me A LOT of luck!

8 comments:

Lisa said...

Good luck with the healthy eating. I've heard good things about Deceptively Delicious. I should probably try something like that for Tucker. He's in a no meat and veggies phase. Aubrey will eat anything, so he'll always say, no, that's Aubrey's food. Drives me crazy!

Joy said...

You can do it!! If anyone will be awesome at it, it will be you.

dave&abby johnson family said...

oooo that looks like a nice piece of equipment! Have some fun!

Nicole M said...

I need to get one of those food processors!! Also, my friend swears by deceptively delicious so I might have to give it a try as well. We just rented Baby mamma last weekend and I was dying laughing the whole time. SO FUNNY

Afton McFee said...

I have been debating on if I should go get that book, i already have a food processor, so let me know if the book is any good, i will have to go get it.

Ben and Natalie said...

I wish you the best of luck!! :) I am excited to hear your success stories

Lindsey S. said...

My mom wants to buy that book for all the sister-in-laws. You'll have to keep us updated on how it goes. Good luck!

Karen, Mackay, Easton & Kallie said...

my friend has that book and LOVES it! i have the food processor too and it is the BEST!