Friday, September 19, 2008

Fabulous Find!

The reason for my title is twofold. First, I have decided that the cookbook Deceptively Delicious is a fabulous find and I am really getting into it. I have made mac n' cheese and scrambled eggs with cauliflower, and applesauce/carrot muffins that were fabulous and all very healthy! I appreciated your encouragement and now encourage all of you to go out and get this book if dealing with anti-veggie toddlers...or husbands.
Now for my second fabulous find. It had been awhile since I had last updated our family picture on our sidebar (ok, since December!), so I decided to look for a photo to replace it. That's when I fell upon these fabulous finds-pictures taken on Tucker's birthday that not only had I never seen, but had totally forgot about! Let's just say that I was a bit behind organizing pics since I went out of town soon after.
For Tucker's birthday my family joined Tucker, me and the kids to the Aero Space Museum in Balboa Park. Yes, Tucker got to pick the activity for the day. It was actually really fun and incredibly interesting as you looked at these glorified kites as what pilots once flew. Tucker is dying to become a pilot and though it scares me to death, it was fun to share a bit of his passion in seeing this museum. I have to add that as informative as it was for all of us, there wasn't a single thing Tucker learned-he knew it all already! He is now doing ground school-thank you Susie for his birthday present!-and loving it.
So, here are some pictures we took along the way:
I am not going to even guess what kind of plane this was, but the nice gentleman taking tickets flew it a very long time ago:

The very giddy birthday boy in the WWI exhibit:Tucker's future co-pilots:Roman was so into this plane, it was hard to get him to look up at camera. Capri, on the other hand, knows when to be cute!
After we were done at the museum, we hung out at the park for a bit before we were going to meet some friends. This depicts one of Roman's favorite games of "I'm gonna get you!" in which he runs but then slows or stops completely so that you can get him:"What? I didn't do anything." And now I never buy fruit snacks:Roman rough-housing with dad, another favorite. Isn't my husband dead sexy in this photo?!Capri and her sippy:Roman just excited to be here-Wahoo!This is mom wanting a picture with Capri but Capri wanting more fruit snacks:

5 comments:

Ben and Natalie said...

Those are great pictures & I am glad that your recipe book is working out for you. Your family is so cute and you are always doing such fun things. Love your hat by the way. I just bought myself one that it is similar but it is camo and my husband thinks that it is funny to call me Fidel. :) I love it & will continue to wear it and you look super cute in yours.

The Petterssons said...

Fun pics! I love the book "First Meals" by Annabel Karmel. Cassie loves the foods I make from it!

dave&abby johnson family said...

You are such a cute Mom. Good to hear the recipe bool is working, I might have to try it! THANKS!

Lindsey S. said...

I am glad you have had success! I'm sure I will need to get that book one day. I love that hat. You are so pretty!

Karen, Mackay, Easton & Kallie said...

k so i didn't want this sent to your husband's in-box about the pumpkin "catastrophe", but if you want a yummy recipe with pumpkin paste, this one is awesome, and "weight watchers" worthy...so you can give them to your kids and not feel totally guilty...

pumpkin chocolate chip cookies:

1 small can pumpkin (the stuff you used)
1 spice cake mix (just the mix, don't make it)
chocolate chips (however many you want to use)...

just put them in blobs on a cookie sheet and it is kindof hard to tell when they are done...the first batch you might toatally screw up until you get the timing right...the bottoms wont be brown. I did bigger blobs and they took about 20 minutes i think...bite size kiddo bites obviously won't take as long! hope you like it if you try 'em!

just thought i'd give it to you since you are trying new things for your kiddos and they are super yummy anyway!