Friday, August 22, 2008

Park City

I forgot how much I loved being up in the mountains. Growing up with Mt. Olympus in my backyard, there were plenty of opportunities to enjoy the beauty and recreation of the great outdoors. With one of my best friends Jessica by my side, I was encouraged to spend as much time as possible hiking, biking and just enjoying what the mountains had to offer. Thanks Jessica!
Because there aren't anything even resembling mountains here in San Diego, I was excited to head back to Utah and have a fun night out up in Park City. We were with Tucker's family and after a delicious meal at Red Rock, we went to ride the Alpine Coaster-I know it's not really the outdoor experience but seriously so much fun! We knew we had to stop by for an apple pie carmel apple at Rocky Mountain Chocolate Company-delicious-and then headed home. Funny thing about our drive, just as we got to the top of Parleys, we noticed that I-80 Westbound was closed. Shoot. Tucker and I were up for an adventure so we decided to take Guardsman's Pass rather than circle all the way around and out Provo Canyon. It was absolutely beautiful and the lightning show we got at the top was spectacular. Good Times!
We had such a great time weekend with the entire Nielson Family-Thank you everyone for such a great trip!
At Red Rock Plaza after dinner:

On the twin's first Carousel Ride-Capri not so much a fan!Roman was a fan, until the end where we all got a bit sick!

No comments: