Sunday, November 2, 2014

Arizona Bound

Tucker and Cody were going to be working in Arizona for the week so Cheri and I decided to tag along. It was June in Pheonix which meant temperatures over 100 degrees. Tucker had to drive the truck and Cheri left with Cody a few days ahead which meant I had to drive my four kids by myself. Tucker was going to be working late nights which meant I was going to be on my own for a majority of the trip. All that being said, I was glad we went!
12 Hours on the road with a stop in Vegas on the way...thank goodness for iPads!
We made it! As soon as we got in, we met up with the Fords to check out the resort. Ice cream at the pool sounded just about right that evening...
We stayed at the fabulous Squaw Peak Resort that included a great little water park. As long as we were in the water, we were happy. With a water slide, kiddie pool, lazy river, and waterfalls, there was plenty to do...
River Ranch:
 Karoline was my little fish for the week. No one spent more time in the pool that her!
She loved the kiddie pool because it was nice and warm and shallow enough to practice her floats:
We got all the kids on the slide and they loved it!
I wish you could see Roman's face-pure joy. He must have gone down that thing 100 times!
Karoline was actually a tad too small to go down, but no one said anything so away she went...and ended up on her stomach!
It was so nice to have Tucker join us for some swimming time. Clara was particularly happy about it...
The lazy river was a hit for the whole fam...I could have stayed in that tube all day on my own...


To get out of the sun for the afternoon, we met up with an old friend Whitney and her kids at the aquarium. It just so happened that the Octonauts were going to be there and my kids were so excited, especially Karoline who loves the show.
I would expect Roman and Capri to sense the fakeness of these Octonauts, but even Karoline was like, "Mom, they aren't real. Look!" as she then points to the air valve. Smart cookie, but she still thoroughly enjoyed seeing them!
A great time at the aquarium!
Favorite part of the trip for me was this, all my kids hanging out, snuggled up on the pull-out sofa, watching movies and eating treats. My kind of family time.
See, it was a great trip after all!

No comments: