Tuesday, June 17, 2014

A smorgasbord of December...

A typical day at the gym with my parents and their favorite instructor, Lindsay Taylor. My parents are religious about Zumba and its so fun to join them sometimes!
My long, long-time friend, Nicole, invited me and my mom to a Christmas Luncheon. Her mother wanted to have her daughters and their closest friends come to catch up and enjoy a lovely lunch. It was so nice to see them and Jessica's mom Charlotte. We all took a trip down memory lane and had so much to reminisce about.
Pictured below are the original moms and daughters (minus Jessica-missed her!) who started our group of best friends that have known each other since we were three. That's almost 30 years ago! These three moms were all friends in the same ward, Charlotte and Jeanette right around the corner from each other, and Robyn right up the street. Such fond memories of Brockbank Dr, Holladay 16th Ward, and Oakridge Elementary.
Here is Charlotte Pratt, Jeanette Sonnenberg, my mom, me, and Nicole:
Nicole and I seated at the gorgeous table Jeanette had done!
Something about decorating Christmas cookies...puts a smile on everyone's face!
I just have to note Capri's hair in a bun for ballet and in her thermals she wears for skiing. Doing it all!
Rather than making things pretty, Roman goes for the "get as many sprinkles on as you possibly can" method:
This girl is amazingly happy with just about any activity, especially if it's with her big brother and sister.
As the room mom for the twin's class, I got to put together the Christmas party. It was an all day Polar Express event. The kids loved it! They would watch part of the movie, then we would stop it to have a treat or do an activity that correlated with the movie. I made a paper train and each of them posted their self portrait to put in the windows-how cute are they?!
Karoline joined me for the day and it just so happened to be a perfectly snowy day:
At the beginning of the Christmas season, our Elf on the Shelf came bearing chocolate countdown calendars and coloring books. The kids were beyond excited to find him every morning and they were so sad to see him go.
We had the kids write letters to Santa and this was the first year that Karoline did her own pictures...so cute!

No comments: