Friday, December 30, 2011

Capri's Ballet Demonstration

I was so nervous about Capri's first Ballet Demonstration held in December. Looking back at her demonstration in July where she wouldn't participate and kept her hand in her mouth, I had reason. On the other hand, she has LOVED her ballet class so far and she was very excited to have me come and watch. I figured we would give it a go and if it meant her needing Miss Natalie to take her through each step, it would still be worth it. Well, she completely blew me away and was the most beautiful and angelic little ballerina. I wanted to cry a bit. I was just so proud of her and I loved that she was constantly looking at me to make sure I was watching because she knew how proud I would be. Precious girl!
Just about ready to start on the pink benches...
The first thing these tiny ballerinas do in class is warm up. They do all different stretches and get ready by pretending to put on makeup and jewelry. It is simply magical! Here is Capri with her toes out in front ready to start.
My one claim to fame in the ballet world was something very small but that I won't forget. I won the jumping contest in my class at the Christensen Center and still have the Ballet pin I received. It looks like I will have to hand that down to my Capri who loves to leap and jump!
Capri was so excited to enroll in Little Lady Ballet with her friend, one of my best friend's daughter, Mikayla. I think it really helped to have a familiar face, especially considering this was her first time taking a ballet class. These two are adorable together!
Capri wanted a picture with Miss Natalie and Miss Connie. She loves her teachers and talks about them often. I absolutely loved Miss Connie as a teacher and Miss Natalie was such a sweet friend so of course Capri would love them too!
She didn't want to leave. This girl twirled and skipped as I watched as happy as a mother could be! Here she is for her final pose, first position. I love her.

No comments: