Thursday, December 29, 2011

Newport

We got to California Saturday night and since we couldn't go to Disneyland on Sunday, we spent the day in Newport. I have such great memories of vacationing there with my family and our friends so it is always a treat to visit!
We walked all the way from Newport Pier to Balboa Pier with a stop along the way at the park. Once we got to Balboa, we rented a surrey to ride down to the wedge. We were packed on that thing and since there was no room for my dad, he offered to rollerblade down. Have I mentioned how much my dad loves to rollerblade? I love it, it's like 1987 all over again! Anyway, we had a great time riding the surrey. The kids were in heaven and laughing most of the time. Us adults were laughing as well, but mostly because we were struggling so much-it was hard to pedal that thing with so many of us on! Good times. :)
Once we got to the wedge, we relaxed and took in the gorgeous views evening views. A fun little outing to complete our California trip!

No comments: