Thursday, December 29, 2011

I love my ward

I mean I truly love my ward! We have made the best of friends, my kids have made the best of friends, everyone is so supportive of one another, there aren't any major cliques, and everyone goes out of there way to be friendly to everyone else. See? The greatest! Now if only we could convince everyone to stay put forever...
Our ward Christmas party was a lot of fun. It was Breakfast with Santa and all of us wore our jammies. It was so nice and simple and I hope it becomes a tradition. Here the kids are with Santa and I am thinking that Karoline wasn't a huge fan.
The night before the party, our Young Women joined for the annual lateover (simply a late night!). I have been so impressed with these girls and have felt the need to better myself in order to feel adequate as their leader. It has deepened my testimony and given me so much hope to know what this group of girls has accomplished in growing their testimony. I love them already and couldn't be more excited about my calling.
So, to make this night special and in tune with the true meaning of Christmas, we took them on a bit of an adventure. It started out with us meeting at the Watt's home only to find out that their basement had flooded (or so we told the girls!). We told them we would have to find another venue and headed to Cheri's house. When Cheri told us that she would normally love to have us, but was already hosting another party, we left again for Kate's house. When we were rejected yet again, Sister Dickman offered up an idea of where we could go. She then lead us to a small farm just a couple minutes away. There we all walked into an actual stable where Mary, Joseph and baby Jesus (some friends willing to dress up and wait in the cold!) awaited us. We sang a few hymns and called it a successful night even before all of the food and games back at the house. Here is the group consisting of the best girls and leaders I could ask for:

No comments: