Thursday, December 29, 2011

The beginning of a wonderful Christmas season...

As soon as we got home from California, we got ready for Thanksgiving. Tucker had to stay in LA to work for a few days, but got home in time to spend the week with his family. His brother Tyler came into town with his family and we were so excited to see them. Roman loves his Uncle Tyty and all of his cool gadgets and games. Capri adores Ava and Lilly and wants to be just like them. In fact, as soon as she realized I had recorded her ballet demo (more on that later!) she insisted I show it to Ava and Lilly. Too cute. Karoline is just 3 months younger than Naomi and 4 months older than Isla so I am just loving the fact that she will have such good friends her age. Already they are so cute to watch together and I know it will only get better! It was so fun to celebrate Lilly's birthday and Thanksgiving with the Nielson's and this was a first in a long time. Unfortunately, Tyler had his super nice camera for the week and so I didn't take a single picture! As soon as I get a few pictures from him, I will update this entry. I did capture this photo with my phone-Roman and his favorite person right before we settled down to eat our Thanksgiving feast!
I love Thanksgiving and always have. I realized why I love it so much-all of the best things about Christmas, family, friends, food and fun-without the craziness! Too, my brother-in-law Cody mentioned that with Thanksgiving, you have Christmas to look forward to and it's the excitement of what's to come that makes it so great. I agree 100%. That being said, the day after Thanksgiving, I am ripping down the decorations to make room for Christmas-I just LOVE decorating for Christmas and I simply can't wait! I love putting on Christmas music or a Christmas movie and decorating the house with my kids. It puts us all in the Christmas spirit for the most wonderful time of the year!
Here we are putting up the tree and the kids couldn't have been more excited. Especially when they saw the Elf on the Shelf IN the tree (you can see him in this next picture), they were going nuts!
They have loved our elf Barry whom Capri named this year. The first thing they would want to do when they woke up was to find Barry and there were a few close calls (sometimes Barry would forget to move spots!), but we managed to keep the magic alive! Capri was so sad when I told her that Barry had to go home to the North Pole on Christmas Eve that she got teary-eyed. Poor thing, she loved that crazy little elf!Another tradition we have kept up is the building of a Gingerbread House. It is always such a mess, it never turns out like you had hoped (or like the picture on the box!), but the kids and I can't resist trying to build a fabulous addition to our Christmas decor. It was extra fun building, frosting, and decorating with our cousins Spencer, Kaleb, and Eli. This year I also bought sugar cones for the kids to frost and decorate with candy and we will continue to do that next year. It was so fun for them to have their own creation as well as contribute to the house.
Capri loved the frosting!
My sweet grandma loves being around the great grandkids and vice versa.
Here is my little man and our finished product...with crazy-eyed snowman and only half of a roof. Yep, nailed it.

No comments: