Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A New Chapter

Wow, it has been quite a month! Sorry for the lack of blogging, but due to the packing, moving, unpacking, cleaning, organizing, yardwork and of course the usual parenting, I have been BUSY!
So let's start with the obvious, we have moved back to Utah. Our adventure in San Diego had come to an end as the start-up company Tucker and my dad were involved with simply ran out of money. Bummer, huge bummer. I knew Tucker would be able to get another job soon, but I was devastated to think we had to leave such a perfect place (I know, where are my priorities?). I loved my friends (and still do), our ward, our neighborhood, the house, the pool, the beach, the weather, and of course, our Trader Joe's and Rubios within a 5 minute walk. Needless to say, it was fabulous and I will definitely miss it.
On the other hand, I am excited to be back in my home, with the rest of our family, with old friends and starting a new adventure. We are all settled in and getting into a routine and I am loving every bit of it...except for the part where my kids refuse to sleep in this new place, but I am hoping that will change here soon!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Alysha, call me! I would love to come to Daybreak and go on a walk or something. It is also great weather for a hike or a day at the park. Charlie misses Roman and Capri. I'm sad for you that you're not in California anymore, but happy we're closer.

Mom of three ♥ said...

Glad that you guys made it back safe and that your getting back into a routine! I hope your kiddo's get back into their own routine with sleeping.

Lindsey S. said...

I'm sure it stinks to leave but so fun to be back!

Bailey is awful at sleeing anywhere but home. I always think about when we move what it will be like. I'm sure they will adjust soon!

Karen, Mackay, Easton & Kallie said...

welcome back :) i am sure cheri is loving it!! you guys are still backyard neighbors right??

Rhandi said...

Trader Joes . . . Trader Joes . . . FABULOUS Trader Joes! One of the worst things about moving! I am seriously bringing TONS of TJ specials when we move. Put in an order and I will bring up your favorites! Perfect excuse to see you soon!