Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Trunk-or-Treat

We got to celebrate Halloween early this year with our ward's trunk-or-treat activity. I must admit that I was ecstatic to have an excuse to put my kids into costume for an extra day. Capri was so excited once she saw hers, she had to have it on right that moment-hours before the party started! Like mother like daughter.I had to make her the perfect wand to go with her flower fairy costume which she also loved. Unfortunately, she could have cared less about the floral wreath I made her for her hair-there goes $10 and 2 hours of my time!Roman could have cared less for this hat-he hated it and would not keep it on! The only way we got a picture of him with it on is because my mom was distracting him with her credit cards.Yes, I made Tucker dress upn like a golfer to match Roman, knickers and all-he is such a sport!The Nielson fam-I know that as a cowgirl, I really don't fit in, but we definitely had limited resources so we worked with what we had!Can anyone guess what my parents dressed up as? You got it! Sarah Palin and Joe the Plumber. Again, limited resources, but I think people got the idea because so many think my mom looks like her.


As rough as it was chasing kids around all night, they had an absolute ball!Capri really got into the trunk-or-treating. She knew exactly what to do and was loving the fact that these people were giving out candy. "What? Everyone that we know is just GIVING OUT CANDY?!" Please see the link below for the best bit on Halloween by Jerry Seinfeld.

8 comments:

Mom of three ♥ said...

You guys all look so cute! I am so excited to dress my twins up this year!! So fun.

Joy said...

Great costumes! You guys look great.

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Nice work on the pumpkin below! And I love all of your costumes, you guys are so cute... but I have to say Roman's outfit - is the cutest thing I have ever seen. That is perfect. wow, I have to show Lance, he would be in Heaven if lance was a little golfer, too cute!

Tyler and Erika Hanks said...

I love your parents costume...SO CLEVER and your mom totally looks like Sarah Palin, I never realized that! Your kids look ADORABLE as usual!!! Very good costumes!

The Petterssons said...

Such fun costumes! Your kids look so cute!

Lana said...

I love the costumes. What a great family. Your parents look great.

The Paulks said...

Isn't it so fun to have small kids so you get to be a kid again yourself? I love going to all the Halloween parties with Maddy! You guys all look so cute!

Heather said...

Great pictures! and great photography! I am going to have to invest in that camera of yours. PS... your mom totally looks like SP! haha.