Thursday, October 23, 2008

Julian-September '08

Yes, these pictures were taken over a month ago and it has taken me awhile to get them to you, my fabulous blog fans.
Julian is the closest thing we San Diegans have to mountains, and trust me when I these ain't the Rockies. However, it is a quaint little old miner's town and has plenty to offer in the form of cool crisp air, changing leaves and fabulous food all centered around apples. Last year we had come, we were too late to join in on the apple-picking fun so we attempted this time around. Attempted being the key word. I had this perfect idea in my head of walking through these beautiful orchards, letting the kids out to run around, picking delicious apples and of course getting the picture-you know, Christmas card material. Well, it didn't turn out that way...at all. It started with us getting lost and taking an hour and a half to make the 45 mile drive. Not fun, especially when the last 20 miles are windier than Little or Big Cottonwood Canyon-I was sick! Even when we finally got to Julian, we still couldn't find the dang orchards so we totally gave up on that. The solution? We'll just buy some at the local market here in Julian and pretend we picked them ourselves. I had never spent so much on apples that weren't even good. Nice.

Needless to say, we still had a good time walking the streets, eating at Cowgirl Cafe, and taking some ok, but definitely not card material, pictures...

3 comments:

Danny and Becky DuPaix said...

oh my gosh your kids are so cute and big! i love the gardner village pictures! Capri looks darling in the sweater, coat and hat! very stylish!

the gray gang said...

Hi! Those pictures are soooo cute!!! I also loved seeing your San Diego pics from Erika's blog! you look gorgeous! Hope everything is well!

dave&abby johnson family said...

What great pictures! Your kiddos are too cute! How are ya?