Sunday, January 19, 2014

Red, White, and Blue Through and Through

I love 4th of July. I have probably mentioned that before. I love this holiday because it takes place in the summer, my favorite season. I love the barbecues, fireworks, and just being out on a summer night. This year we kept it pretty simple considering we all were headed to California the next day. It was still a great evening full of food, fireworks and family.
We all met at Robert and Jesse's house for a delicious BBQ. The kids had a ball with their cousins and got really excited when we broke out the shaved ice machine. As soon as all of the kids had blue mouths, we walked on over to Sugarhouse Park just a couple of blocks away. Perfect! We set out our blankets and watched a great show...and none of the kids were afraid. Even Clara was a champ and didn't seem to mind the noise or my hands covering her tiny ears. Thank you Curtis family for living so close so that we don't have to deal with parking and traffic. It makes for a much nicer night!
Spencer is the best cousin to my kids. Actually, all of those Curtis boys are great. No wonder my kids are literally jumping when I tell them we are going to see them. Here is Spencer playing with Karoline on the slide:
Our patriotic family...
Hip, hip, hooray for snow cones!
Capri, my beautiful Miss Independence...
Our scrumptious Clara taking a nap in her bassinet outside...nothing better...
Mouths are blue...ready to go!
 Happy Birthday America!

No comments: