Friday, January 3, 2014

Babymoon to St. George

Right after Clara was born, we went on a babymoon. We headed to our home away from home, St. George. It was the perfect way to recover, spend some quality family time, and just be up and out of the house. My parents joined us and Jon was already living there for the summer so it was great to have the extra company...and much needed help!
May in St. George is gorgeous and so we spent very little time inside. We swam and swam and got plenty of tennis in as usual.
Little Miss Clara was only 10 days old. We couldn't have her in the sun, but she absolutely loved being outside in her bassinet. Our stroller has literally saved us with that amazing bassinet doubling as instant shade and a portacrib for traveling!
This girl loves to be in on the action...even when it's a bit tricky such as hitting tennis balls with Daddy. After a few balls, she insisted that she was doing really good and made sure she told Grandma and Grandpa what a great tennis player she was. Self confidence won't be a problem for her.

Roman is really getting the hang of it these days. I love watching his focus and then excitement as he gets in a great hit.
 Taking a breather...
 Capri is loving the sport as well, maybe even more than her tennis outfit!
 She is one determined girl and it paid off in the number of balls she hit.
 Just look at this tennis crew!
We are usually the only ones at the pool, it's the best. And since Capri and Roman hadn't had swimming lessons recently, I put them to work at the pool. They were swimming laps and practicing their floats before I would let them play. Fortunately, Grandpa made it fun by swimming right along with them...

 I know I say this a lot, but my kids have the best Grandpa and Grandma in the world!
Roman taking a break in the hot tub...because the heated pool just wasn't warm enough for this guy!
Love these three...so happy to play all together. I couldn't ask for more!
This trip was just what I needed to wake up from the recovery process. I felt rejuvenated while I was there and I was ready to take on the world once I got back. And by world I mean life with four kids...it's a little bit crazy, but I wouldn't have it any other way!
I love this family of mine!

No comments: