Thursday, December 3, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Our Thanksgiving break could not have been better! The best part was simply having Tucker home from work and spending all day and night with my family. My kids were totally entertained by their cousins leaving some free time for Tucker and I to relax or get things ready for our big feast-so nice. What was even nicer was the fact that we went the whole day without any potty accidents. I think that was maybe what I was most thankful for! No really, I have so much to be thankful for and my family is number one on the list. Potty training going so well...that would probably come in a close second.
The day started with the Macy's Parade. I obviously never helped much in the kitchen growing up, because I remember waking up to the parade and just playing all day with my family until dinner started. I did help out this year, however, and I thoroughly enjoyed preparing everything from the turkey and potatoes, to the stuffing and candied yams. We ate at my mom's with my whole family and some of my mom's family. The night wouldn't have been complete without all of our cousins, aunts and uncles playing some serious Charades, Signs and getting a puzzle started. My family has always been loud and hilarious which creates some great moments. One of my favorites was when my aunt was trying to act out the song "Busta Move" and kept sticking her chest out-it totally worked and we won! It wasn't until about 1 in the morning that everyone left, but it was so much fun!
Thanksgiving Day:
I am definitely getting bigger out front!
The rest of the weekend was spent with the kids playing with their cousins, hanging out with my family, going out to Gecko's, getting some shopping done with the girls, and seeing Blindside. Everything that would make my weekend practically perfect in every way (and yes, that is from Mary Poppins, a favorite of my kids). Oh, and everyone should go to see that movie-absolutely excellent and had this pregnant momma crying.
What was particularly surprising about the week was that my kids had ear infections and you would never know it! They were so happy and slept so well at night that those normally nasty infections didn't even make an appearance-yay for antibiotics.
Lastly, my cute kids all ready for church that Sunday:

I am so grateful for them!

7 comments:

Nicole M said...

Sounds like you had a great thanksgiving! Those last two pictures of your kids are SOOO cute!! I love their stylin outfits! So great to see you on Sunday night...I'd love to get together with you. I'm trying to find a morning to do that since that seems to be the only time that works with our kids nap schedules! Next week for sure.

Tyler and Erika Hanks said...

Love their Christmas outfits, so adorable!!! Glad you all had such a great Thanksgiving! See you at Christmas!

Danny and Becky DuPaix said...

Oh my gosh, that last picture is so cute! You always have the cutest clothes for them!~ I also love your green coat! It was fun talking to you the other day! You're so cute and def such a beautiful prego! Love the tiny belly!

Jessica said...

I can't get over how cute Roman's and Capri's outfits are... adorable!

Perry's said...

Glad you had a good THanksgiving. I am dying over those last 2 pics, you always dress them so stinkin cute!

Mom of three ♥ said...

Sounds like a great day! I so love your kids in their Sunday outfits, too darn cute!!

Danielle said...

Wow, Alysha the kids looked so cute on Thanksgiving! You look BEAUTIFUL too!!