Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Eve

We had such a wonderful Christmas Eve this year. I have always loved Christmas Eve even more than Christmas Day and I think the anticipation of the next morning has a lot to do with it, but it's also more about the real Christmas spirit and spending time with family. This year we spent most of the day with Tucker's family and attended the annual Morris Family Christmas Party at the Workman's home. Tucker has a very large family which means lots of kids for my two to play with. I swear that within 5 minutes of arriving, my kids were right at home and could care less whether or not Tucker and I were there. Aahhh. So nice to enjoy the night without worrying about the kiddos too much! After dinner they held the traditional Christmas Spectacle which is basically a talent/variety show. Capri was so enthralled, she sat and watched the whole thing with Grammy. Roman, on the other hand, danced for a bit while the piano was being played, and then continued his exploring of the house. Once it was time to get going, Tucker offered to get the car started and warmed up. He then came back in and we got all of our stuff packed up and headed out. I went out to meet Tucker and he asked where the kids were. I seriously thought he was joking assuming that the kids were already buckled in their car seats. Once we figured out that neither of us were kidding, we ran back into the house to find the Workman's timing us on how long it would take for us to realize we had left our kids. Parents of the Year Award, right here please! What's even more funny was that before Tucker and I had made it back in, Tucker's dad had gone back into the house to retrieve Great Grandma's purse. The Workman's were questioning him like, "Are you sure that's all you forgot?!" Awesome.
Here we are at Grammy and Grampy's house before the party:
Grampy playing with Roman and Roman obviously loving it:Capri in curls. Long story short=I put her hair in spongies that morning for about 4 hours or so. I really didn't think they would do much, but when I took them out it was like Shirley Temple! The curls stuck to her head just as if the spongies were still in. We tried to break them apart but that lead to frizziness so we ended up sticking her hair in pig tails. So cute, but definitely not worth the effort of curlers. Now I know to let Capri's hair curl on its own like it does so perfectly!
After we left the Workman's, we headed to my parent's house for awhile. They had quite a house full-if you know my parents, you know that everyone is always invited!-and it was great to catch up with friends and family. Roman and Capri were dying to play with their cousins and so yet again, Tucker and I were able to have a break. Unfortunately, it was getting late so we had to leave and the kids were a screamin'! No worries, however, because they were able to open their first present which they loved, jammies with fuzzy socks:
Once we got the kids to bed, we went back to my parent's house to hang out and avoid that night's work...wrapping and putting a kitchen together. Sidenote: Do not wait until Christmas Eve to start wrapping or assembling gifts. Christmas morning comes much too early when you went to bed the night before at 3:00am! We got it done, however, and I think you can tell that Santa had come:

1 comment:

Mom of three ♥ said...

Looks like a great holiday season! You always have the cutest pictures to look at.