Tuesday, December 22, 2009

My kids love the snow...probably more than I do!

I was really nervous coming back to Utah for our first winter with the kids. They were used to playing outside everyday whether it was June or January. I was so worried that they would become completely stir-crazy making me also a bit more insane. Well, I guess I had nothing to worry about. My kids have absolutely loved the snow and would play out there forever if I let them. I was hoping to wait to get them a bunch of snow gear for Christmas, but with the dumps of snow we have received so far, I gave in and equipped them with everything from snow bibs to mittens and boots. And even more surprising than them enjoying the snow, they don't even care about having to put all of this stuff on! In fact, they put their boots on all the time just for fun.
So, I took them out the other day to build Frosty the Snowman. They are huge fans of this character and I knew they would love building their own. Keep in mind, our Frosty was as small as they were, actually a bit smaller, but they loved him! My favorite part was how they kept
packing the snow onto Frosty and patting it over and over just like I was doing. They felt as though they were really contributing-"snow fun!"
Here they are working the shovels (that were meant for our California beach life in the sand, but works great for the snow too!):And the finished product! Frosty with somewhat creepy eyes...Capri became totally giddy with the snow...especially eating it!Roman loved trudging through the snow-he never wanted to walk where someone had already made a path, he had to make his own tracks!
Capri kissing Frosty. Ok, no, she is eating his carrot nose and kept saying, "Mmmm, carrot!"
Capri admiring her new friend Frosty...or that tasty carrot nose!
Roman's other favorite thing had to be throwing the snow. Once he figured out that snow in ball form was even better to throw, well, that's when it was time to go inside so Capri and I wouldn't end up with snow in our faces.

1 comment:

Mom of three ♥ said...

How cute! Looks like they had a blast. I am not much for the snow and being cold outside, so I hope that when my kids get older I will be willing to go out and be a good mom like you are with your kids!