Friday, April 10, 2009

Kingston David Ford

My sister Cheri and her husband Cody were anxiously awaiting the arrival of their first child in August. We were so excited for them as we knew they would be the best parents. Just as we were ready to find out if we were going for blue or pink, we got some terrible news. A multiple screening test and and ultrasound indicated their child, sweet boy, had anencephaly and was not going to survive. We all were devastated and absolutely miserable and my heart ached for what Cheri and Cody were going through.
They decided to induce labor early to prevent any problems with future pregnancies and we all felt this was the right thing to do. Last week on April 4th, Cheri delivered Kingston David Ford. Though he didn't make it through the delivery at just 21 weeks, the proud parents were able to hold their little boy and enjoy a few moments as a family. I am grateful I was able to be there and see how beautiful Kingston was with perfect hands and feet as tiny as they were. More importantly, it was incredible to have a deeper knowledge of what our gospel means in being part of an eternal family. Cheri and Cody will still be Kingston's mother and father and they will be forever. They are such a strong family and I am grateful they have each other.

6 comments:

Jen said...

That is such a tragedy. I'm so sorry your family, most especially Cody and Cheri, have to endure this. May your prayers be answered and comfort be felt in your family at this time.

Mom of three ♥ said...

I have been thinking of Cheri and Cody for weeks now and hope that they are doing ok. I am glad that they were able to hold and love him for that short time. And glad that you could all be there for support for them. We love all you guys and you are in our prayers and hope you will be comforted. We missed seeing you guys at your dad's party. We had four birthdays we were celebrating at my parents and we didn't make it over there. My parents and Grandma tried finding your parents house, but got lost and it was too late by that time.. So we are sorry we missed it!

Ben and Natalie said...

I am glad that you were able to be there for your sister. I love Cheri and I hope that she can get through this difficult time. I had a really good friend that had a little girl with the same condition. I will continue to keep Cheri & Cody in my prayers.

Lisa said...

I'm so sorry for your sister's loss. I can't imagine the pain they must be feeling. I'm glad you all have the gospel in your lives to help you through moments like this.

Darcy said...

This just breaks my heart. Your family is in our prayers and I pray they can start another life soon.

Lana said...

I am soo sorry that Cheri and Cody have to go though this. I know to well what it is like. Carson and I lost twins. It is so hard.I am so thankful for the church and that family are for ever. let Cheri and cody know We are all thinking and praying for them.