Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Graveside Service for Baby Kingston

Last Friday, April 10th, Cheri and Cody held a graveside memorial for their son, Kingston David Ford. It was the perfect service that included the grandpas, Mark Ford and Robert Curtis, sharing their thoughts and wisdom as well as bearing their testimonies, followed by Cody giving a beautiful blessing and dedication of the grave. There was such a neat spirit that made us all remember the importance of our gospel and eternal families. It was particularly special knowing that Kingston was going to be buried on top of my brother Dave. My brother always had an incredible bond with children and I was saddened to know that he won't be able to have his own children yet. However, he now has Kingston to look after for the next little while which makes me so happy because I know how much joy the two will bring each other. I am still heart broken for what Cheri and Cody are experiencing, but am so excited to see these two as parents both in the hereafter and hopefully soon here on earth.
At the end of the service, Cody's parents brought out a bunch of white balloons for everyone to release. As much as Capri LOVES balloons, even she let go and watched them all float up into the sky:

3 comments:

Mom of three ♥ said...

I am glad that everything went well at the service. The family picture of you guys is so nice.

Ben and Natalie said...

I am glad everything went so well. I know Dave is taking great care of little Kingston too. Please tell Cheri that I am thinking about her & she will remain in our prayers. She is going to be such a fantastic mother and Kingston is one lucky little guy to have her. This is such an unfortunate experience for their family (and yourself) to have to go through but I am sure that it has strengthened everyone's testimonies. I am thinking of you guys. :)

Nicole M said...

Your family is so beautiful. It was so good to talk to you on Monday and hear all the details. Cheri and Cody are in our prayers, and hope they'll be ok. Love you all!