Saturday, March 29, 2008

Easter Weekend

Hope you had a fabulous Easter! I am finally getting around to posting about our fabulous Easter weekend. My mom was here, along with my little brother Jonathan, my sister Cheri and her husband Cody. We had such a great time enjoying the amazing weather by going to Sea World, the beach and Roman and Capri's favorite new thing-the pool. I wish I had taken more pictures on Easter Sunday because the twins looked so darn cute, but like most Sundays, 9:00 church came way too early. More to come!
At Sea World:What did the kids love the most? The flamingos of course!This lasted up until the music started which freaked her out. No Shamu for us!Adults only please. We got a babysitter so we could have a great meal at Outback with no babies to entertain! Playing some intense Rock Band with uncle Richard.Eating at a new favorite place called Panikin.


Some exciting news...we are moving to a new place here in San Diego! We are eager to get into something a bit more spacious and within more of a neighborhood. Of course it will be hard not to be right on the beach, but we are ready for suburbia, families and kids (only old people around these parts).



One other update-Roman and Capri have more tricks we need to tell you about. They are getting really good at their sign language and can sign for bird, dog, more and all done. There isn't anything cuter than Capri's delicate fingers or Roman's fat hand doing these signs. They can stand really well too now and Capri does it all the time with her arms out, palms up like "oh, look at me!" The walking hasn't taken hold yet which they get from me-I wasn't walking until I was 15 months old-I know, kind of sad. I think the twins will definitely beat me, but we will see. Another thing they are mastering is going down the stairs (they have loved climbing up for some time). I was so nervous to let them learn, especially because it was hard for me to bring both up and down to practice by myself. Well, it took all but 15 minutes for them and they have it down ok. Roman can blow kisses but instead of putting his hands to his mouth, he squishes his face in-also cute to watch.



Lastly, a new word has been said-dog, or something like it. Let me try to explain how much my kids love dogs, or all animals for that matter. If they come in contact with anything fury or flying, Roman and Capri will start laughing, try to dive out of our arms, kick their legs, flail their arms, and try to say or sign dog and bird. And we never thought we were going to buy a dog...

4 comments:

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Cute pic's Alysha. First off - from what I could see of their Easter outfits, they looked SO cute! Second, Sea World is so fun! That is one fun thing about California - all the fun things that are so close! I am sure with the twins moving around, it will be nice to get into a bigger place. Do you know how long you guys are going to be living down in Cali?

Ben and Natalie said...

I love how Roman seems to match you and cute little Capri is matching Tucker's tie. Love it. They sound like they are so much fun and love learning. That is exciting news about the move. Good Luck with everything. When is the next time you are guys are planning to be in Utah? We are vacationing there in May (the 17th to the 26th). :)

Claire said...

I wish we could live in CA right now. It is snowing here! I love your easter pictures!

Chris.Tarina.Kate.Lucy said...

Look how cute your family is Alysha!! I was checking out some blogs and ran across yours. So fun to see how much your kids have grown. Last time I think I saw you was up at Camp Tracy, and they were still just little ones...but look how much they have grown! So cute! :) Good to see that everything is well!!

Take Care,
Tarina (Freimann)
tarinaandchris.blogspot.com