Sunday, April 6, 2014

Halloween Happenings

Just as we are getting settled into fall, the Halloween festivities begin. We made an effort to make it really fun, especially because the kids were off track for a few weeks leading up to the big day. Going to see the witches at Gardner Village has become a tradition. It's funny to see the kids go from being scared, to a bit skiddish, to laughing at them. Roman and Capri are past that, but make it fun for Karoline and London.





Here they all are pretending to have hula hoops of their own...
We ate a yummy lunch at the Naborhood Bakery and finished our drinks out with this lovely witch:
I think their favorite witches are the ones over the river. Roman thought the fire hose was hilarious. I even stole a smiling picture because he was that happy...
Look at these two girls looking at their matching boots. Love that I captured these moments of these sweet sisters.

Karoline and London's ballet class got to dress up for the day and Karoline chose to be Tinkerbell. 
Next up, our Annual Witches Night Out! This party is always huge. It's the perfect opportunity to invite new friends, catch up with old friends, and just have a great time with great company and delicious food. I didn't get great pictures because we were too busy having fun. I did have this taken with my phone so it will have to do. (pictured L to R: Liz Boyer, Janelle Olson, me, Kristin Kassing, Annelise Ross and Jenni Viernes).
And yet another Halloween tradition is joining the Curtis family to carve or paint pumpkins. Parents carve, kids paint. It works so nicely this way! The kids creations were just lovely...


Halloween is Here! The kids were off track but were still invited to walk in the school parade. I was hesitant to make the effort, but was so glad I did. They loved it!
Here is my Hulk and witches all decked out!



That night we had our traditional soup/chili dinner at my house with both Tucker and I's families. I love that they are all so willing to come out to eat and go trick-or-treating with us. We truly have THE BEST BLOCK for trick-or-treating. We go door to door around the "horseshoe" and it's the perfect length. All of our friends and neighbors out and we have so much fun visiting as we go. There are always a couple of neighbors with campfires going where we can stop and roast marshmallows, some that serve hot chocolate, and my kids favorite, the Loewens and their cotton candy machine. It is such a great night for all of us!
Me and my Clara pumpkin ready to hit the road!
 And the kids ready to collect way too much candy!

No comments: