Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Poolside

Last summer was especially nice when hanging poolside. I was thrilled to hear that Swimkids was coming to Herriman for the summer. They truly are the best swimming lessons available and I have been so impressed with their teaching. However, driving to Holladay was a pain and I couldn't keep it up. So when I heard they were hosting lessons at someone's home in Herriman, I jumped at the opportunity. It meant taking a 2 week old baby out each day, multiple times a week, but Clara was a champ, of course. Unfortunately, trying to breastfeed a newborn baby during swimming lessons meant a serious lack of pictures. Sorry kids!
Roman and Capri continued to progress in their swimming technique. They both worked hard on their front crawl with proper breathing, dolphin kicks, breast stroke (who knew that one was so tricky if done correctly?!), and diving. Roman even started on learning butterfly and by the end could do it better than I ever could! Capri really got her confidence up and by the end was racing Roman the length of the pool.



Karoline was a star. Literally. She was an excellent star holding her legs and arms out and her chin up. She could float on her back no problem and so her teacher knew she was ready to move on. Next up are "painting rainbows" where you float on your back, then take one arm and "paint a rainbow" as they flip over, face down. That way they can learn to float on their backs, flip over, and then swim to the teacher. I was so proud of her and the progress she made!
Lifetime Pool…a bit of heaven for this momma. I love taking the kids to the gym, working out, and then taking them to the pool. I knew it would be a bit different this summer with baby Clara, but she was never a problem. That brilliant bassinet and stroller kept her out of the sun and provided the perfect napping station. Tucker and I would take turns with the older kids and Clara. Thank goodness our older kids do so well in the water making that arrangement doable.
Our routine includes swimming for an hour or so, eating lunch poolside, swimming some more, and then packing up. It works so nicely for our family and I can't wait til next summer...
Lifetime doesn't allow any photos being taken at the pool...lame. These were a few I sneaked on my phone...




No comments: