Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Halloween-it lasted the entire month of October!

I know, it is after Thanksgiving and I am just now posting about Halloween. No need to read if you are simply not up for reading about this holiday of the past...
We had such an exciting month of Halloween festivities. Yes, an entire month full of Witch's Nights Out, Witches Retreat, Breakfast with the Witches, Ward Trunk-or-treat, the annual Morris Family Halloween Party, Cornbelly's, a couple's costume party, and of course, trick-or-treating. It was fabulous but maybe a bit much?!
The girls in the neighborhood love to party. Hence, two Witch parties. Nothing better than the ladies getting together to eat and chat while dressed to the nines, witches style.
Cheri, my mom and I about to head out-I just love that we do these things together!
These are some of my favorite girls in my ward-Annelise, Katie and Jenn...I think you can see why...We have had this other Witches Night Out party for three years now...It's HUGE!
Love that my high school girls make an effort to hang out with our kids. Jessica found a fun event at Gardner Village called Breakfast with the Witches. I was excited to spend some time with the twins and so I left Karoline with Grandma and off we went. We met up with the group and sat down for breakfast. Roman and Capri seemed a tad nervous at first, but soon warmed up to the crazy, loud witches. Capri even wanted to go on stage to play with the rubber rats...gross. There favorite part of the morning was being able to run around and finding all of the fake witches. It was such a perfect morning-we all soaked in the wonderful fall weather and each other's company.
Capri with Witch Brazilla-seriously couldn't believe she wanted a picture with the stranger witch!
Finding the funny witches all over the Village:Our best attempt at a group shot of the 2nd generation:Here are my darling girlfriends with their kids-we have a great bunch!Every Halloween, the Young Men and Young Women put together a trunk-or-treat for the ward. My Beehives were in charge of a trunk and a few games. It went off without a hitch and all of us, organizers and participants, had a great time. This was the first time the kids got to wear their costumes and I must say that as much as I loved our cohesive themed costumes last year, Capri was dying to be Rapunzel and I wasn't about to make Roman be Flynn Ryder. He wanted to be Batman and he thought it was about as cool as it gets. Karoline was a fairy and her and London matched-it was insanely cute...My Batman, Rapunzel and fairy:
Tucker took the kids around while I manned the trunk and then we switched-I didn't want to miss out on the faces of my kids getting candy at each trunk. They were pretty happy about that! When it was getting cold, they huddled up in our trunk and checked out all of their goodies.
We had never been to Cornbelly's before, but I think we need to make it a tradition from here on out. The kids had an absolute blast with the trampolines, bouncy houses, life-size lincoln logs, train rides, and the many play sets. Karoline was old enough to really get a kick out of it. I was just so happy to see my kids with permanent smiles all day.
Capri in one of the wooden trucks as happy as can be!
Roman on the inflatable trampoline-this was fun for all of the kids.
All the kids loved climbing to the top of the hay bales and were pretty proud of themselves as they reached the top:
The kids loved the farm animal band that sang songs and danced. My little niece Isla was totally dancing by swaying her shoulders. You would die if you saw such a cuteness explosion.
Drew and I with the babes on the wagon ride that was quite bumpy and fun!
Cheri and Cody put on an awesome party for our friends. It was a Famous Couples theme but Tucker and I were lame and went as a cat and mouse. Yeah, we are that creative and willing to dress up. ;) What's funny, however, is this was the same costume I wore the first night Tucker and I met. He totally doesn't remember me from that night, but I remembered him dressed up as Yasser Arafat. Hmmm...
We played some great games including the traditional doughnut eating contest, Funny Bones and Just Dance 3 on the wii. Good times. Really good times.
The devil and the cat-pretty much $10 costume kits with a shirt and fake leather pants...that's how we roll.Our sweet action pic!
Roman and Capri had a Halloween parade at their preschool and they were happy to show off their costumes. Roman was not comfortable in his, unfortunately, so he stuck with the black clothes and then Batman gloves and belt. Close enough.
Trick-or-treating couldn't have been better this year. Not only were Roman and Capri thrilled to be making the rounds, Karoline was totally into it. She wouldn't even leave the house without us putting a piece of candy in her bucket to start. She would say "Happy Halloween" and "Trick-or-treat" to earn her candy and we were just dying from all the cuteness. It was unseasonably warm which made it that much nicer of a night. To top it off, we had both sets of grandparents, Cheri and Cody with London, Rob and jesse with the boys, and tons of fabulous neighbors to trick-or-treat with. Huge success. Check out the video below to see the kids in action!
One of my favorite parts of the night, however, was when Capri, Roman, and even Karoline for a moment, decided they were going to pass out candy at home. Capri had the little chairs set up and would sit anxiously waiting for more kids to come along. When they did come, she would comment on their costumes, smile, and give them some candy. It was the sweetest thing.
We had dinner at my house with everyone which has become an annual event. It's so nice to have everyone come celebrate with my kids and it's so fun for me to host. The perfect way to close up Halloween.

1 comment:

Nicole M said...

OH my goodness, you really did have a party just about every night of the month, lol! I love it. It's weird that it's already December and that the last 2 months have gone by so quickly. Speaking of which...I miss you!! I don't even get to see you at dance drop off! Sad. Hopefully we can catch up soon :)