Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Apple Day

I know I have said it before, probably several times, but I just love South Jordan Montessori. Last month my kids had Apple Day at school and I got to tag along as a helper. I was in awe. First, the kids got to head out to the orchard (right in the backyard!) and pick a bag full of apples. Capri didn't love climbing up the ladder, but she did it to get those delicious apples!
Roman loved being able to pick an apple right off the tree-so fun and new. Then, we hurried back in to start up the stations. There was a tasting station where they decided which apple they liked best and made a graph, a peeling station where the apples where peeled, sliced and cored, a cutting station where the kids took their peeled apple and cut it into smaller pieces, and a juicing station where they used a juicer to make fresh apple juice. As you can imagine, these students were in heaven! We all got a snack at the end of homemade applesauce and that put me in heaven. YUMMY. The kids had plenty of time to play as well and since I had Karoline with me, I had to take some fun pictures...
A perfect fall activity!

No comments: