Sunday, May 15, 2011

Elder Curtis Returns...

My little brother Jonathan, who's not so little at 6 foot five inches, returned from his two year mission for the LDS Church. He served in the New Hampshire Mission and lived in Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine. He was an awesome missionary and worked so hard for those two years. We are so proud of him and love having him and his sense of humor home. Plus, Roman and Capri, who prayed for him nightly, were so excited to have their Uncle Jon back to play with. It was so cute when I told Capri that he was coming home she replied, "Mommy, remember when Uncle Jon walked with me on the white bridge when I was little?" She was thinking of a day trip we took to La Jolla before he left on his mission. So sweet! Both her and Roman also remembered Uncle Jon playing with them and this monster puppet and they couldn't wait to see him do his "Monster" again. I was also so happy for him to finally meet Miss Karoline. It was a late night (he didn't get in until almost 10:00PM), but we were all there to welcome him home...There are few things as exciting as waiting for someone you haven't seen in two years to get off the plane. We were dying to see him and then there he was...Such a stud!Getting his sweet green luggage that Dave and Richard used on their missions-I think it is in the trash now. I love how this picture shows the height difference between Jon and Richard and my dad. :)
My mom was on cloud nine to have her last missionary home safe and sound:
So happy to have you home Uncle Jon!

No comments: