Sunday, May 15, 2011

Earth Day 10K

Tucker signed us up for a local race and it immediately became a family affair. Cheri and Cody own a chip timing company that was timing this race so of course Cody was going to be there and Richard was there to help. Jon had gotten home a few days earlier and decided he wanted to run with us. Cheri is training for Ragnar so she hopped on the bandwagon. Not surprisingly, my dad wanted in as well as he is always up for anything that involves us, especially when he can get a workout. And last, but certainly not least, Tucker and I never found a babysitter so the kids got to come and were pushed the full 6.2 miles. CRAZY! As hesitant as I was about the race (I did not want to push a stroller in a race I wasn't really prepared for, especially in the cold!), I was SO happy we did it! We had such a great time all running together, chatting along the way, and even getting some dancing in-yes, I always end up dancing to Michael Franti somewhere along the way. These are some phone pics of our fun run...
Right before we headed out:
And we're off...like a herd of turtles!Cheri, my dad, Tucker and the twins running near Jordan River Parkway:

Cheri and I in a groove...I think we were listening to some Black Eyed Peas...don't judge, it is fabulous running music.Jon giving me a much needed break by pushing Karoline:The Nielson Family of Five-a family that runs together, stays together. Right?!My dad sitting with Richard at the finish line:
And here you have Tucker and Karoline, the youngest to complete the Earth Day 10k. She and the twins were absolute angels the entire way and actually really enjoyed it.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

I love the Curtis clan. LOVE you guys!!!

Lindsey S. said...

Love the family of 5 picture. We just did a 5k Saturday and I bet you guys did way better then we did! haha

Danny and Becky DuPaix said...

Td awesome that you all run together, I love it! You guys are such a cute family!

Nicole M said...

The one of your family of 5 all running together...seriously my favorite picture! Good for you guys! And great updates! I can't believe Jon is home, he looks good! Can't wait to get together again, I've missed you!