Saturday, December 4, 2010

South Jordan Montessori Proudly Presents...

The Thanksgiving Day Show and Pow-Wow! I cannot tell you how much I love this preschool. It is truly a Montessori program, something that is hard to find these days. I really need to write an entire post just on their school...and I will, just not now. Today I want to talk about their family activity day and show. The kids were in heaven. They got to show Mommy and Daddy where they go to school, where they play, and who their favorite friends are.
Here is Capri on the rings being pushed by her daddy:
Once everyone was settled in, the class started the production. First up, a play of the first Thanksgiving. It was a little long but darling, complete with pilgrim hats and Indian headdresses created by the students. Roman and his buddy decided now was a good time to goof off (again, it was long!) and turned their headdresses upside down with the feather running down their face. Funny. I then started laughing really hard as I watched Roman in a head banging motion as he is hitting his buddy with the feather (while it is still on his head). It reminded me of something my little brother would have done. Yes Jon, Roman doesn't just have your great hair, he has inherited some personality characteristics as well! Fortunately, when the play came to an end, so did Roman's antics. We then listened to them sing songs such as the Turkey Pokey and my kids were really getting into it, especially the ones with actions or dancing (I know, I was surprised too!).
Here they are ready to start:

When the program was done, we ate a Thanksgiving Feast and started the pow-wow. All the families brought things to sell so the kids took their coins and went to town finding every possible treasure. I couldn't believe how excited everyone was as they learned how to use money to buy things they wanted. Great hands-on learning!
Home with their trinkets in hand and their faces painted:
A very fun day to kick off the Thanksgiving holiday!

No comments: