Sunday, October 24, 2010

Oktoberfest!

A few weeks ago, the Curtis and Nielson families joined up to enjoy what Snowbird's Oktoberfest had to offer. It did not disappoint! We forget how lucky we are being so close to some of the most beautiful mountains, but this was a great reminder.
We first took the tram to the top of Hidden Peak. The tram ride itself was worth the trip, the kids loved it...
Karoline may not have known what was going on, but she is always happy to go anywhere and do anything...Tanner and Drew's precious little one Isla, who also loved the ride...Once we got to the top, we took in the 360 degree views. Here is Grammy with Karoline:
Grandpa and Grandma:
Cody and Cheri were even up for coming as one of there first big outings since baby London was born...The happy mom with her sweet girl...
My brother Richard and his girlyfriend Janneka...gorgeous!The kids were having so much fun throwing rocks from the top while I was freaking out that they were too close to the edge...
I didn't get it in the picture, but the very next peak over is Mt. Baldy. It brings back great memories of hiking with my friend Jessica. We hiked from Snowbird to Mt. Baldy and on to Alta where her cabin was and it was amazing. Loved those days-thanks Jessica for getting me to come along!
Once we got back down we ate a delicious lunch and let Capri get her face painted. She was in heaven...
This may be the start of a new tradition!

4 comments:

Mindy and Tyler said...

I love those pictures of your family!!! Capri's entire outfit is so dang cute. Miss you guys.

Tyler and Erika Hanks said...

So fun!!! Love the family picture!

Nicole M said...

You took some great pictures!! I'm jealous you went to Oktoberfest...I've been wanting to do that (I went once with my fam when I was younger), but I keep forgetting! How fun that both the curtis and nielson families joined together for this activity. PS Richards girlfriend is darling! And you look amazing as always :) We need to get together (after halloween)...I want to hold Karoline again :)

Susie said...

That picture of your family is just so precious!!!!