Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Nesting...

I have had more fun nesting than anything else this pregnancy! I was so excited to finally have a girls room and a boys room to decorate and I really think we went all out. Roman's room isn't put together yet, unfortunately, because him and Capri are going to continue to share a room until baby #3 is sleeping through the night. Plus, how hard is it going to be to split the twins up?!
Anyway, with A LOT of help from Grammy, Grampy, Grandma, and Uncle Richard, I give you the girls room fit for a princess... or two! (Oh, and sorry for the terrible quality of pictures, my good camera is packed up in my hospital bag!)
Capri's big girl bed:In place of Capri's little pink chair and stool, imagine a white glider with khaki cushions-we are still waiting on its delivery!:Check out my sweet find on ksl.com! I bought this armoire and these two dressers from some guy in Sugarhouse for a total of $300. And never mind the lamp shade on top-we are getting the base fixed right now:Where the toy chest is right now, the crib for baby girl will go.My latest craft project...and only craft project I have done in years. I saw these darling floral balls hanging in a new boutique out here in Daybreak called Oopsy Daisy. When I heard there was a $75 price tag for each one, I decided to make my own. Super easy and I think they turned out even better than those in the store:
Needless to say I have a few finishing touches, but all in all, a success in putting this feminine room together.
And just a sneak peak into what Roman's room is going to look like...

8 comments:

Nicole M said...

Alysha, those rooms are DARLING!! You did such a great job! Have the kids been sleeping in these beds already? I love the color scheme and all the furniture and accessories in the room! I can't believe you'll be having this baby on Friday! Please let me know what I can do to help you.

Mindy and Tyler said...

So cute! I'm highly impressed with your craft project. How did you make them?

Lindsey S. said...

I love it! My room in high school was almost that exact green. I love that green color. And it is such a princess room. Also I almost made those flower balls for Bailey's room but I had so much stuff for her room it would have been too much. But they are so cute I'm convinced with the next girl room I do they are going in there! And I can't believe they would charge $75! Making them is the way to go! Nice craftiness... is that a word??....

Mom of three ♥ said...

The rooms are so cute! I can't wait to see Roman's room when it is all finished! Great job and good luck tomorrow! Let us know when she gets here!!

Danielle said...

Love, love, love the floral hangy ball things. So cute!

Tyler and Erika Hanks said...

Dang cute!!! Great job!! TODAY is your BIG day...good luck! I will be out to SLC April 9, 10, 11 so plan on a visit! Can't wait to meet baby girl!

Danny and Becky DuPaix said...

oh my heck, love Capri's room! I can't believe you found all those dressers for $300! That's a steal! I love the hanging flower balls. I may have to steal that idea. Super cute!

Kelly said...

Alysha!
You are quite the decorator! LOVE your style:) We miss you here and hope you guys are settling back into Utah life well! xoxo