Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Bringing Home Baby

Our hospital stay was better than anyone could hope for due to incredible nurses, a great doctor, and one amazingly content baby. I couldn't believe how easy this new little peanut was in comparison to the twins! She slept for a 3 1/2 hour stretch both nights-the longest that either of the twins went was 2 hours and that didn't change for weeks. Because of my previous experience with newborns, I literally couldn't sleep as I would just stay up and wait thinking the nurse was bound to come in with her at any moment to eat. We seriously lucked out with this little angel!Here we are just about to leave and bring this bundle home to the rest of the family. Roman and Capri had come the day before (and I broke down crying tears of joy just because I had missed them so much!), but we couldn't wait to be home all together as a family of five:Check out our orange car seat! Tucker insisted on the orange/light blue stroller and this is the car seat to match. I really tried to "girly" it up by adding this darling cover-thank you grammy! It also led to the perfect coming home outfit in bright pink with little orange flowers-thank you grandma!
We always comment on how awkward the car seats can be to hold and Tucker got really strong doing this:






6 comments:

Tyler and Erika Hanks said...

Finally, I have been checking your blog like 5 times a day for more pictures!!! LOVE her going home outfit! More pictures, please! She is so cute! you are looking fantastic too!

Mindy and Tyler said...

She looks so tiny in that car seat. Naomi looks like a giant next to her! Too cute. Keep the pictures coming!

Mom of three ♥ said...

She does look cute! That is a bright carseat never seen one that color, but I love how you matched the cover with it, it looks very cute!

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Wow guys, CONGRATS on darling Karoline. Alysha, it seems as if my good baby vibes carried over to you, as it sounded like your labor/delivery/hospital stay and baby all went well! ;) You look fantastic by the way. LOVE LOVE LOVER her hair. She looks absolutely perfect. Congratulations and good luck in this transition!

Kelly said...

She is sooooo beautiful! I can't believe you have a BABY! Hopefully she will stay a good sleeper for you:) Congratulations!!! xoxo

Katie M. said...

Alysha congrats!!!!!!!! So excited for you. What a bundle of joy. Makes me all giddy to get my #2 here!

Love the name too. Nice pick!