Tuesday, November 11, 2008

What a morning...

Yesterday was started with a morning run around my typical loop-only 3+ miles but an insane incline for half of that. I always take the kids in the jogger and they are so good to put up with my huffing and puffing and keep my spirits up by talking and pointing at things. Because of the time change and the difficulty with my kids "new" schedule, they have been waking up by 6:30am every morning. Not fun, but it got Tucker running with me and he pushes the stroller! Well, we ran the loop in my best time of 36 minutes-I know, I know, not great, but remember the hills! Knowing I was going to be on my own yesterday, I wasn't too enthusiastic about getting out the door. However, as soon as I stepped outside, the sun was shining and yet it was perfectly cool so I got going. Finished in my best time while pushing the stroller of 39 minutes. Hooray! I was so proud of myself and yet that feeling didn't compare to what I was in for next. Capri had fallen asleep, dead asleep-again with the "new" schedule! For all of you that know Capri, she is the lightest sleeper and not so much of a cuddle bug, although she has gotten much better. That is why I was so surprised that when I picked her up she actually stayed asleep on my shoulder. It may not seem like such a big deal, but Capri is never dead weight like that and it felt soooo good just to hold her. She even snuggled up onto my chest, or lack thereof, and kept nodding off. It really couldn't have been a better morning!

6 comments:

Joy said...

Oh my! How sweet that she turned into a little snuggle bug for you.
I have to say that the best part of this post was 'or lack thereof'. You had me rolling on the floor with that one.

Ben and Natalie said...

That is so sweet. Congrats on your best times... that is awesome. It must be those little moments when Capri decides to snuggle you that make being a mommy even better for the day. :)

Nicole M said...

It's moments like that, that are just the best. I just finished Mikayla's "11 month letter" and wrote something similar in it! It's so amazing being a mom, isn't it!

Perry's said...

Ohhhhh that is so sweet!! And good job on the run I couldn't do it that fast without a stroller!!

dave&abby johnson family said...

Nice job on the good time my friend, and it doesn't get any sweeter than that, to have your little baby snuggle with you! Aspen is a snuggler and I LOVE IT!!!

nickandtif said...

I know how hard it is to run while pushing a double jogger. I am really really impressed Alysha!!!