Wednesday, November 5, 2008

And I'm Proud to be an American...

Seriously love that song as cheesy as it is. Please don't mock me. I am proud to be an American and I am excited for Obama to lead this country as President. I watched McCain's concession speech and Obama's acceptance speech and was moved by both. It shows me that we truly are an amazing nation when we have people like these willing to take over the enormous responsibility as President of the United States, as well as the record number of voters doing what they can to make their opionions and ideals heard. I know there were some of you that were less than thrilled with the choice America made, but I feel that everyone seems to be taking a deeper interest in our goverment and country and will do what they can to support our leaders. I am sure with such spirit, we can all be excited for a fresh start come January 2009 and accomplish the new goals of this nation. Can we do it? "YES WE CAN!"

4 comments:

Ben and Natalie said...

Very well put. I am also feeling so lucky to live in this country and be able to have all of these very candid conversations expressing our opinions. I am excited to see what comes of this new presidency..... after all, we do need a change. :)

Jessica said...

Alysha, I agree! Barack's speech on Tuesday was really inspiring. What a great time for our country despite the economic crisis and the wars we are fighting. Such a marker in history to have an African-American for president. I hope you guys are doing well! Congrats Erika, right!?!

Maquel said...

I'm so happy about your enthusiasm! After I heard the speeches on Tuesday night, I felt the same way. I think both John McCain and Barack Obama are men of high character.

Katie M. said...

I concur. the speeches were very eloquent, well delivered, and sincere, I thought. You kids looked super duper cute on Halloween. I'm all over the golf outfit-my husband would be proud.