Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Happy Birthday to my brother Dave...

This has always  been one of my favorite pictures of David. He was about 6 years old and having the time of his life doing who knows what. I do know that he was as happy as can be with that smile and expression on his face. It wasn't until recently that I realized I see that smile all the time now, but not from these old pictures, it's my own little Roman. When he is playing his favorite games of tag or hide-and-seek, Roman puts on this over-elated expression that can only come from his uncle Dave...
I still miss my brother terribly and I don't expect that to ever change. However, it makes me so happy to know that Dave is smiling all the time now and we can see it through Roman. I love you Dave and hope you are partyin' up in Heaven!

6 comments:

Nicole M said...

Alysha that made me cry. I miss him too. Roman does have that same "dave expression" that all of us just love. I'm glad you're finding similarities so that he can always be with you. You are wonderful!

Tyler and Erika Hanks said...

WOW, they DO resemble each other! We all miss Dave, he was such a great guy that we will always remember.

Jen said...

That is amazing! What a way to have a memory captured by having your own child have the same expression and joy for life!

Claire said...

That is so cute! Sometimes I think it is the little things like a smile that sometimes ease the pain!

Let the Good Times Roll said...

I am sorry Alysha, I am sure that is so hard. How neat is that though, their smiles are the same! What a neat memory you can have of your brother daily!

Ben and Natalie said...

I love those 2 pictures and the adorable resemblance that they have. I miss your brother too. He was always the life of the party. One of my favorite memories of him was a trip to southern cali for the 4th of July. I am sure that he is livin' it up in heaven. :)