Monday, July 21, 2008

26 Years Old

Yep, that is how old I turned on July 18, 2008. Crazy to think that I have been married for 6 years and have 2 kids-am I old or what?! Life is good, however, and I can't imagine it any other way. It has been full of adventures and I plan to continue with such a trend.
I had such a fabulous birthday starting with getting my hair done. It is every bit as good as a massage in my opinion (ok, so I have never had a real massage, but I can imagine). However, I am really not crazy about the cut-kind of shaggy so we'll see what we can do about that! Anyway, the day continued with a shopping trip to Nordstrom. I figured that they started the anniversary sale on my birthday for a reason so I better stop by. Needless to say, the babies weren't cooperating so I didn't get too much accomplished. Now this is getting boring, I will get to the good stuff.
My parents, Tucker, Richard and Jon and I all went to Cheesecake Factory for dinner at Fashion Valley Mall-the best mall ever! This was my favorite part of the day because there is nothing better than eating out, fabulous food and conversation, and my family. Plus, I even got in a little shopping after; what, I really needed a new sweatshirt so that I wouldn't be too cold in the movie!
We then went to see the much anticipated Dark Knight movie. Let me just say that this is not for the kids. I really can't believe that they got away with the rating of PG-13. It was one of the darkest and most disturbing movies I have seen in a long time. Not that it wasn't incredibly written, cast (except for Maggie Gyllenhaal), and produced-it definitely was and the acting was equally as fantastic. It was just too much for me. Thank goodness Mama Mia is out and Tucker has already promised to take me. Now for my present from my dearest hubby...drumroll please...
TICKETS TO SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE! I am so excited for September because I get to see my favorite tv show live!

6 comments:

Julie and Devin said...

Alysha
Happy Birthday! I am sorry I did not call. I was at youth conference and I was distracted with keeping track of teenagers. It sounds like you had a great birthday.
Love,
Jules

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Happy late birthday Alysha! Sounds like you had a great day. And we did see Mamma Mia - it was fantastic, so get excited. Tucker - you are awesome, SYTYCD tickets, that is so fun! Is it for the tour?

Ben and Natalie said...

Happy Birthday! I am glad that you had such a fantastic day. I can't believe that you didn't like Dark Knight. It was super dark, but I guess I kind of anticipated it to be that way. I loved it! I can't believe that Tucker got you SYTYCD tickets. I am soooo jealous and I can't wait to hear about it in September. :)

Tyler and Erika Hanks said...

AHHH, I am the worst friend! I can't believe I forgot to call you! I thought about your birthday a few days before and thought, I need to remember to call her!!! But I spaced it! So sorry! It looks like you had a great birthday and ...So You Think You Can Dance??? SO STINKING FUN! Wow, I am totally jealous of that one! Tucker sure knows how to get bday presents! I can't wait to see you guys! We are also trying to get down to SD soon!

Lindsey S. said...

First Happy Birthday! Second tell Tucker I will waiting for my So You Think You Can Dance Tickets in the mail. No rush, but I would appreciate them soon! :)

the gray gang said...

Sweet! Happy Birthday! (Way late) I hope you are doing well!!! I will have to start watching SO you think you can dance! :)