Wednesday, July 16, 2008

An Ear Update...

Both Roman and Capri went through a small surgery yesterday to get tubes put in their ears. After numerous ear infections and a delay in speech due to hearing loss (don't worry, nothing permanent!), we felt it was definitely worth the procedure. Though we all were a bit traumatized throughout the process (be grateful for Primary Children's all of you Utahns!), all is well and the twins are doing great!
Being at the hospital made me realize how close these two are. Capri was nervous from the second we walked into the hospital and wouldn't let Roman out of her sight. When it came to Tucker having to hand over our little Roman to this enormous black male nurse, Capri absolutely lost it. Then I lost it. It was awful to see Capri so upset about her best friend leave with a stranger. They already love each other so much and are starting to show it by giving each other loves and kisses-and yes, our hearts totally melt when we witness an act of such tenderness. I know I need to get this on camera, but until I do, here are a few other pics that are pretty darn cute if I do say so myself!

11 comments:

Maquel said...

That must be so hard to see your little ones go through this. I hope all will be well!

Afton McFee said...

I know how you feel, Nicholas had tubes in his ears about 2 weeks ago. I lost it when the doctor came and got him even though Nicholas was happy as a clam. Hope all went well with the surgery. I love the pictures of your cute kids!!!

Stephanie said...

Alysha, the twins are getting so big. They are darling. Hope to see you soon before the twins get any bigger... Tell your family hello.

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Hope the twins are feeling well. That is so sweet how close they are - I love it! And your pictures are darling. I also loved your vacation pic's - so fun you guys went to Disneyland. Were the twins still a little young, or did they like it? That is so sweet your parents were there to help out and take them back for a nap, gotta love grandma and grandpa!

Nicole M said...

Oh Alysha that is so sweet! I didn't know the twins were going to have surgery for sure, but I remember talking to you about it. Glad it's over with and glad it went well (for the most part). How tender that these two already know and love each other so much!! You are such great parents.

PS: This is random but yes, I'll never forget the star-spangled banner song we did on the 4th years and years ago. I must find that video!!! So funny.

Ben and Natalie said...

Those pictures are adorable. It must have been hard to see Capri like that. It is pretty darn cute though that they are such best friends. I am glad that everything went well with both of them. I always comment on cute little Capri's outfits, but Roman is so handsome. :)

Jenny and Brett said...

Poor little tykes! I am glad to hear everything went well! They are so lucky to have eachother!!

Lizz Pizza said...

I hear ya on this one!!! Sorry you had to go through that! Isn't it crazy how durable these kids are! Carson has had 2 tube surgeries and yet Adalie is the one with the permanent hearing loss?!! go figure! Hope their ears start to do great! Good luck!

The Viehweg's said...

You have the cutest kids. I know you have no idea who I am but, through some random blog hopping I landed here and realized that I went to highschool with Tucker.

christensen crew said...

Oh Alysha, looks like we have been through the same experience with ears, tubes, and speech delay! How sweet that Roman and Capri are so close. That story melted me. They are cute kids, and what a sweet little family you guys are. Cute.

christensen crew said...

p.s. YOu will be amazed at how quickly their verbal skills will improve! :) You'll be so happy!