Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Check Out Our Sweet Pool!

Ok, so it's not that sweet, but the kiddos love it! We have been taking them to our neighborhood pool quite a bit, but it takes two people. With this baby, I can watch them all by myself in our own backyard-awesome. The other advantage-I don't even worry about swimsuits. No, we whitetrash it by letting them go in their diapers or even naked. Be glad that they are at least in swim diapers even though Roman's is pink with Dora and Capri's is blue with Nemo. Hey, it's whatever they have at Costco!

We are adding even more pool time by signing the twins up for swim lessons three days a week. We have only had two lessons so far and it has been so exciting to see what these kids are capable of. The swim school starts babies as early as 3 months-crazy! It all started with everyone asking me or telling me about swimming lessons. I thought kids started at age 4, not 4 months, but I was told otherwise by all of these Californians. With pools being used year-round and the ocean nearby, swimming is a necessary life skill. Not that my kids will be doing freestyle anytime soon. Right now they are just being swooshed back and forth in the water until the coach signals she is putting them under for just a moment. Roman actually got pushed while under water to me-so proud! Capri screamed the entire first lesson-stranger danger-so she will get to do that next time. We can't wait until they are comfortable enough to hold their breath under water, eyes open, and all long enough to pick up a toy. That's the goal and we're sticking to it!

4 comments:

Nicole M said...

I love those kiddie pools!! That's what keeps MIkayla entertained in Bear Lake for a pretty long time! Great to talk to you the other day. Hope you got my birthday message. Looks like you had FUN birthday!!

Tyson and Marie said...

That is so cute! I don't think my mom ever had a kiddie pool for me. It must have broke by the time it came to child #5. Your kiddies are so cute. I haven't seen them in forever!

Tyler and Erika Hanks said...

I think we will have to give our kid swim lessons at 4 months! We just bought a house with a pool in the backyard...you guys have to take a trip down when we get settled! Your kids are getting so big!! I still think of them as 4 months old!

Ben and Natalie said...

They are so happy together. I have so many pictures of when I was their age running around in a diaper. Whatever makes them happy, right? ha ha They are truly adorable!!!