Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Highlights from the year 2007

Again I am stealing a post idea from my sister-in-law Mindy. She has her master's degree from Stanford, can anyone blame me? So here it goes, reflecting on the year 2007...
Tucker~What an exciting year for Tucker and his work! After working at Goldman Sachs for eighteen months, Tucker took a job as Vice President for National Expansion with a new developing company RF Check. It is the same company that my dad has worked to create so we were especially excited to take the offer. As a bonus, this new job meant a move to sunny San Diego which we have thoroughly enjoyed. Tucker has also become a new Dad to Roman and Capri and is absolutely adored by both. I am so lucky to have such an amazing husband and father to my children as he has been incredible in helping to take care of these two babies.
Alysha~This year has been the most life-changing year for me as I became a mother of twins. No one can prepare you for such a job, nor can they prepare you for how much you are going to love these children. I have never felt so blessed and still cannot get over how much I love and adore Roman and Capri. Those first six weeks were a blur, but since then the time has flown by and I get a bit upset sometimes thinking that they are growing up way too fast! Being a mother is my new passion and I can't imagine doing anything else. I feel so grateful that I am able to take care of these two beautiful children.
Roman~What a little boy can learn in ten months. This little guy, aka our little tough guy, the tank, chunk-a-munk and Romano Man, has grown from five pounds two ounces to twenty-two pounds and four ounces. As mentioned in a previous post, he is also above the ninety-seventh percentile in heigth. So, what has Roman been up to-GROWING! He has also learned so many fun tricks like saying dada, clapping, pulling himself up to his knees, waving, climbing up stairs (much to his mother's dismay), and crawling at ridiculous speeds. He is a great eater, loves to laugh. and despite the two double ear infections he has dealt with, is very healthy. Oh, and his curls are to die for!
Capri~This sweet girl, aka sweet pea, twinkle toes, bright eyes and Capreezy Weezy, has a smile for everyone. She has lost some of her best chub as she is constantly on the move, but is still growing to be eighteen pounds five ounces and in the seventy-fifth percentile for height. She has come along way since her birth of four pounds twelve ounces. Capri has also learned how to clap, say dada (what am I, chopped liver!), climb the stairs, cruise on her hands and knees, and pull herself up to standing. She especially likes to stand up in her crib and walk from side to side depending on where Roman is. And yes, they still love to play in their cribs, laughing nonstop when they are supposed to be taking a nap. What am I to do-it is way too cute to interupt! Capri has had just one double ear infection and looks to be very healthy as well. She still has her fiery side which we love!
Tucker and I are so grateful for such a wonderful year. We are blessed with the gospel and with incredible friends and family and thank all of you for conrtibuting to such a great 2007. HAPPY NEW YEAR!
I hope this hasn't been a bore and I promise to add pictures soon.

7 comments:

Perry's said...

What a good idea I might have to steal it too. Looks like 07 was a big year for you guys. Also looks like you had a great Christmas. Lots of fun pics. Love your blog! Hope you are doing well!

Lisa said...

Hi Alysha! I can't believe you have twins. How fun. Thanks for posting about what you and your family have been up to. As I find blogs of high school friends I wonder where everyone is and what they are up to. If you're ever bored, come check my blog out at www.calderwoodfamily.blogspot.com

Lisa (Foster) Calderwood

Joy said...

Not boring at all! You are very entertaining! I loved reading all about your family. :)

Nicole M said...

Alysha I love you!!! You make me laugh...I was cracking up when I saw your comment on Erika's blog saying, "What are we, chopped liver?" I haven't used that phrase in the longest time. Anyway, how come some creepy foreign person wrote a comment on your blog? Weird. Well, I love your highlights of 2007! You guys have had a PACKED year with those twins!! So fun.

The Paulks said...

Happy New Years you guys! We missed hanging out with you this year, but looks like you are enjoying 'sunny San Diego.' Love all the Christmas pics too!

Katie M. said...

I love reflecting on the year. It opens up all the blessings we have. great post.

BTW, that picture of you and your little girl in matching nightgowns is fantastic. Please tell me you have that blown up to a canvas size photo and framed.

Karen, Mackay, Easton & Kallie said...

Hey you! I actually looked at your blog the other day! It was fun to see erika's too. I hope everyone in your family is good...both in yours and the one i know =). Anyway, I will be in cali next week...we'll be down by Disneyland...Laguna Beach/Dana Point area...So if you think you'll be bored thursday and you are close by there (i have no idea where anything is down there), let me know because my husband will be in meetings all day and maybe we can let our kids play or something! I could probably get the car. =) Keep in touch for sure! Good to hear from you and I loved seeing your cute kids! You guys seem like you are doing so great!