Tuesday, January 29, 2008

A Great Man, Our Prophet Gordon B. Hinckley

Our beloved Prophet, Gordon B. Hinckley, has passed away at the age of 97. Once I received word, I started to cry as I was deeply saddened that such an amazing man was gone. I know I shouldn't be too surprised, but I wasn't quite ready for him to go, which is terribly selfish of me. I really am so happy for him as he is reunited with the love of his life, he sweet sweet wife. What an arrival for such a great man in heaven and I would like to think that my brother David was apart of such an event. We all loved him as a grandpa and I knew he loved all of us. He was an incredible speaker, had a wonderful sense of humor, and worked hard for our church.  I am grateful for his example of service and dedication to the LDS Church and many others in need and hope to make him proud.

4 comments:

Ben and Natalie said...

I completely agree that I was not ready to let him go either. I also would love to think of Dave being there in heaven for such a wonderful celebration that they must be having. What an amazing man!!

Perry's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Perry's said...

Such a sweet tribute and again I
2nd the fact that I was not ready to let him go but it wasn't our decision or he'd still be around. The Lord has bigger and better things planned for him (if you can even imagine him doing bigger and better things - he already did so much). I loved what you wrote about Dave how lucky for him to have known him here and then be there to welcome him home - I am sure he was there with his sweetheart too.

On a side note I just thought of you because I heard a song called Capri by Colbie Caillat it was cute have you heard it?

Nicole M said...

What a great post. I already miss him! After everyone left my house from Mikayla's blessing, we turned on the TV and heard the news. I cried. Anyway, he will be missed.