Tuesday, July 31, 2007

What's New...

It has been awhile since I last posted-can I blame it on the twins? I guess that excuse only goes so far but don't think I won't use it on occasion. Actually, we have had plenty of other tasks at hand such as our landscaping project. We decided to combine our yard with my sister (who lives right behind me) and my parent's (who live next door to her) yards to form one big yard. The lots are a bit small out here in Daybreak so this way we had some room to groove. We then hired a landscape architect to create a fabulous design, but it is the carrying out of that design that has been a pain-and we're not even doing it ourselves! It should finally be completed this week and we cannot wait to see the finished product.

A work in progress:

The Nielson fam is also trying to get back into shape-Capri has really got to get rid of that cottage cheese. Just kidding, it truly will be a sad day when her rolls and dimples go away! Tucker and I, on the other hand, are starting to get back into somewhat of a workout regimen. We love going running around our lake but it has been too bloody hot so I have resorted to kick-box on TV. The babies are highly entertained and will even start to laugh as they watch my pathetic attempt at kick, punch and crunch. It seems the latest trend is to compete in these sprint triathalons. A half mile swim, 12-15 mile bike ride, and then 5k run. The swim seems absolutely brutal so we will see if Cheri can talk me into training.

Tucker taking the twins for a jog:

What else? Oh! I turned 25 on July 18th. A quarter of a century, wow. I feel so old until I realize that I have two kids and then I think I am way too young! We had a great time celebrating by going up to good old Millcreek Canyon. I love it up there and I really miss being so close. Jessica-how does Grandeur Peak sound? It will be nice to have a fire pit put in the backyard for a suitable substitute.
Capri is starting to make progress on her torticollis which causes her neck to pull her head to the side. She was so smooshed in the womb that her head was constantly tilted to the side. I have taken her to physical therapy for the past few months and had to work with her on a daily basis to stretch those neck muscles. Unfortunately, I also have to make her wear this collar that is pretty uncomfortable to keep her head up. What's next? Well, it looks like my baby girl is going to have to get Botox injections. Crazy! It weakens the muscle so that we can stretch it even better. I will definitely keep you posted!

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Wow, how fun to live so lose to family. I honestly hadn't been out to day break until this summer. I was amazed with all of the new developments out there. It looked like such a fun place to live. It sure is going to be confusing when we move back to Utah and have to decide where to buy a house.

Nicole M said...

Alysha, your yard looks SO great! What a picture perfect setting. I need to see you soon, I feel like it's been forever! Love you!

Natalie said...

Your kids are so darn cute! And I love your house.....my brother & sister-in-law live in Daybreak and they love it. It is such a neat community. And how fun to live next door to family!

Mindy and Tyler said...

Isn't it amazing how a little sod can change the look of your yard so quickly??? We can't wait to see pictures of the finished product. It sounds like the ideal space.

Joy said...

Alysha- Hi! I am glad you found me, although I think I have seen your blog before. Anyway, how fun is it that you get to make that great backyard! Your kids will love it. Congratulations (belated) on your twins, they are SO cute. I love that polka dot outfit that Capri is wearing. I am jealous that you got two in one pop, pregnancy is not my favorite thing. :) Tell Tucker 'hi' from Mike. I will be keeping up on you guys!