Monday, July 9, 2007

We miss you Dave...


My older brother Dave would have turned 30 years old yesterday, July 8th, 2007. It has been 8 months since he passed away and we still miss him so much. He was such an example of living your life to the fullest and being an incredible friend to anyone that needed him. Dave was known for his amazing smile and fabulous hugs that he was happy to share. Whether he was playing volleyball or soccer, working out at the Sports Mall (and playing more volleyball), or hitting the beaches in Cali (and even more volleyball), Dave was all about having a good time and keepin' the dreams alive. We love him dearly and will keep him close by remembering all the good times.

5 comments:

Tyler and Erika Hanks said...

Happy Birthday Dave! What a great guy he is, he will always be remebered! We miss you!

Nicole M said...

Alysha, I didn't know it was his b-day yesterday but for some reason I was thinking about him a few days ago! He was so awesome and ALWAYS had a smile on his face. We miss him too!

Katie M. said...

I am so glad you posted that!! Those loved ones who pass on are always near by and still alive!!! He is truly such a remarkable guy- I remember going snowshoeing with him one time (big group of us) up Millcreek Canyon in the winter time (think it was Jan. 04)- and I always had such a great and postiive impression of him.What a smile he had! Aren't we soo thankful for the gospel!

Jenny and Brett said...

Alysha,
Of course I remember you. I was glad to hear for you and look forward to keeping in touch. I am very sorry to hear about your brother. I met him up at the U after high school and had no idea that he had passed. At times like these, we are so lucky to have an eternal perspective.
Take care and keep in touch!
Jenny

Rebecca said...

Hey Alysha! I'm sorry I never knew your brother. It sounds like he was such a great guy. How lucky we are to have an eternal perspective to help us get through these tough times. On another note...It's so fun to see what you're up to. I always wanted twins and now that I've had kids I don't know how you do it. They are beautiful and you look great like always. Keep blogging!
-Becca