Sunday, April 19, 2015

Halloween...and all the festivities included...

We got home from Europe and had 10 days to pack in as much Halloween as we could...
 I was so happy to be home with this cute bunch!
 Playing outside while waiting to go to the pumpkin patch!


Pumpkin Patch
It's tradition. We have gone to our neighborhood pumpkin patch every year and I don't see us changing our venue anytime soon! The kids love picking out their favorite pumpkins, playing on the haystacks, and visiting the petting zoo. This year was unseasonably warm which made it that much nicer...




Running Scared
Cheri and Cody's triathlon company puts on a Halloween race every year. Tucker thought it would be a great service project for his scouts (and Roman!) to hand out waters along the way. With everyone helping out at the race, I decided to take the girls for a run! Capri and Karoline took turns in Big Red and sometimes I was pushing all three of them.  Let's just say that I did not complete the 10k. The kids loved seeing everyone dressed up and I got a bit of a workout so I think it was worth it!

Karoline's Ballet Halloween Party
I am thrilled to have one of my best friends, Nicole Maughan, as Karoline's ballet teacher. Karoline is so happy to be in her class along with London, Sarah, and Nicole's daughter Naomi. To celebrate Halloween, Nicole let them dress up and they all performed for the parents. So darling!
 The Fabulous Four!
Karoline and Miss Nicole
Ward Halloween Party
Every year, the ward youth puts on a great party for our primary kids. We went with a Frozen theme for the girls and Roman wore his Ninja costume...

 Meet Olaf
Elsa, Olaf and Anna
Karoline's School Halloween Party
South Jordan Montessori's Annual Halloween Parade and Party is always a hit. This year was particularly funny. I have to set the stage for you. Susie goes all out with my kids costumes and let's them pick our whatever they want from the Chasing Fireflies catalogue. These costumes are so extravagant and fabulous that, as my dad put it, "I feel so bad for these other moms!" So, not only is Karoline looking amazing in her butterfly costume, those wings are huge and covering up the other poor kids! My parents were dying laughing as Karoline kept wiping out the boys next to her with her giant, and sparkly, wingspan. It was so fun though and the twins got to join us since they were off track!


Cornbelly's
Cheri, my mom and I all decided to meet at Cornbelly's for the afternoon. It was kind of an ordeal without husbands to help, but the kids had plenty of fun. They loved the corn kernel "beach," the jumpy platforms, the princess stage (Karoline was dancing up a storm!), all of the play equipments, the train ride, and Roman had fun on the tractor bikes...






Halloween!
Halloween was finally here in all its glory. We headed out with our crew including Zorro, Miss Musketeer, our Monarch Butterfly, and what I like to call Halloween Spirit (aka mom not wanting to dress up the little one!). Trick-or-treating in such warm weather was a treat itself and made for tons of candy collecting. I love that everyone congregates at my house after for soup, rolls, and visiting. The kids favorite part of the night? Passing out candy! Karoline and Sarah were cheering/yelling for everyone to come to our door. They all love it!











No comments: