Wednesday, May 23, 2012

San Francisco

After going back and forth on whether or not we would be able to attend my niece's baptism, the stars seemed to align and everything worked out perfectly to allow us to make the trip. The kids couldn't wait to see their cousins, Ava, Lily, and Naomi, and Tucker and I were so excited to hang out with Tyler and Mindy. We don't get to see them too often and we hadn't been to their home in Palo Alto in quite a while so this was going to be extra fun. I seriously LOVE their neighborhood and everything about the surrounding area-it makes me happy just being there!
We made it there Thursday evening and headed to the Dutch Goose for dinner. To. Die. For. I have to eat there at least once while visiting. Once we got home the kids had made a new friend, Fernando. This dog was amazing in that it rarely yapped and he allowed my kids to "love" it. Since, all of our stuffed animal dogs have been named Fernando...
 While the older girls were at school, Mindy and Tyler offered to take us to Happy Hollow. This place is perfect for little ones and the kids had the best time. Actually, Tucker and I did as well. It was so fun to watch our kids with perma-smiles on all day, be in perfect weather conditions (is it never not perfect in the Bay Area?!), and just enjoy each other's and his family's company.
Here we are in the petting zoo, brushing the goats:
Capri was in heaven with the animals. I can't believe that hasn't changed since the time she was one!
Roman was showing off how strong he is by pumping water.
On one of the rides that the twins did all by themselves!

They rode this thing over and over and finally Daddy had to join in the fun!
And a ride for the little girls, Naomi and Karoline, aka Naynay and Koko.
These girls are only three months apart and are just darling little cousins!
They had a massive playground where the kids climbed, jumped, slid, crawled and swung. The twins were impossible to photograph they were so busy. Pretty entertaining if you ask me!

On one of the many statues out front. Roman and Karoline were pretty into it, Capri not so much. ;)
We also got to celebrate Ava's baptism at the Allred's (Mindy's parents) home. It is absolutely spectacular with an even more impressive backyard. It has everything you could possibly imagine and more, including an enormous tree house (actually three towers connected) that hosts a zip line. A. MAZING. I didn't see my kids at all that night!

I hate that I don't have pictures of everyone, but that's what happens when I am not the only photographer. Mindy and Tyler are great at getting pictures of their kids, but then I don't! Next time for sure. And yes, Nielson family, be ready for a "next time!" We really hope to be back soon!

No comments: