Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Easter Sunday

I love Easter Sunday. I love getting new spring outfits knowing that warmer weather is around the corner. I love taking pictures outside in front of the house for the first time since the previous fall. I love eating my mother-in-law's funeral potatoes and making strawberry shortcake. I love hiding Easter baskets for my kids and I love sharing in their excitement trying to find them even more. It is such a fun day. Most importantly, however, I love celebrating our Savior's resurrection and knowing that because of this, my family can be together forever. Why wouldn't I want to be with them forever, just look how absolutely darling they are...
Roman, my little stud muffin!
London came over to take some pictures with us and I had to get one of her and Koko...
The sun was much too bright, but that didn't keep Capri from looking as cute as ever!
Me and my precious girls...
My favorite boys in pink...

It was especially nice to see how much my kids were able to understand the meaning behind Easter. They know that Jesus died on the cross, but then was risen after three days. He lived again. My parents taught their class that day and went through the story of Christ's resurrection letting them know that we too will be resurrected. Capri than said, "So Mommy's dog that died, Bouncy, will live again." That was so sweet I thought considering it had been forever since I had even mentioned our old dog. Capri was obviously excited to know that maybe one day she will actually have a dog to play with...she will simply have to wait til the Millenium!

No comments: